View Poll Results: Do you think Square-Enix is doing a good job?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • They are doing brilliantly!

1 2.70%
  • They're doing pretty well

8 21.62%
  • They're doing okay

14 37.84%
  • They're being mediocre

9 24.32%
  • They are absolutely terrible

5 13.51%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Square-Enix is doing a good job?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Default Do you think Square-Enix is doing a good job?

Just curious to see what people think!

Yeah. I think the last couple years were pretty awesome.

Right now they're doing pretty well. Back when they were doing FF13 they were pretty mediocre in my opinion. Tomb Raider saved their asses.

I voted "terrible" but I would change my answer to "mediocre."

They're doing well with FFXIV, but XV was a disaster and everything surrounding that has been utterly disappointing. I think SE in general is doing well, but the mainline FF series isn't.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Mediocre @ best

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Dragon Quest XI looks awesome and XIV has taken all my time for the past two years.

And then there's XV and all that other stuff. There's that mobile app that is a blatant cash grab and there's that other app that's just why? At least they got a butt slider.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd say mediocre. I think the only thing they have in the pipeline I'm remotely interested in now is the remakes for Secret of Mana. I just can't be bothered to get excited about Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, or their outsourced IPs like Deus Ex and Tomb Raider.Course this has been going on for a long time now, and while I felt XV was a decent game that could have been a hell of a lot worse, the FF franchise has simply been moving in a direction I don't care for.

With that said, I don't feel like they make bad games, XIII was the last title to offend my sensibilities, but most of their games are so okay, they're average.

No love for World of Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest Builders? My love for those 2 games factors heavily into my "They're doing awesome." opinion.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I dunno.... I dont like ffxv. But love xiv and tgey are both kinda recent. Xv obviously way more. But. Havent played any other SE games though so cant judge there. Well. I like XIV enough to say they are doing alright ayre.

alright meaning. Pretty well
    even if I dont like XV it does seem to be quite popular.although with that mobile version coming oot I dunno what they were thinking. Looks soo weird.

Voted for terrible but then remembered that they are doing okay with DQ XI and they did a good job with The Zodiac Age. If they stopped with the milking.....

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shaymin View Post
    No love for World of Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest Builders? My love for those 2 games factors heavily into my "They're doing awesome." opinion.
    Ones there take on Mincraft which was already an established IP, and the other is them milking nostalgia. SE is incredibly good at milking nostalgia, but I don't feel like that's something that should be praised.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

They don't make titles I'm particularly excited to play any more, so in my eyes they're doing terrible.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    World of Final Fantasy is them milking nostalgia. SE is incredibly good at milking nostalgia, but I don't feel like that's something that should be praised.
    I disagree. I think every aspect of that game was done excellently, it showed their ability to put out a great AAA game which was hilarious, fun, had buckets upon buckets of brand new gameplay content that was for me a winner on almost every front, had it's own story independent of the nostalgia milking (and for me that story was more than good enough when compared to Final Fantasy games), and the nostalgia factor was a bonus - admittedly a huge bonus, but a bonus all the same. And it wasn't dumb nostalgia milking like you see in card games etc. It was legit, with the proper voice actors, loads of dialogue and scenes, all new entertainment and things that a lot of us really wanted. I think they did everything right. How is it not something that should be praised? And when you take away the characters from previous games and focus on the other things in the game, what's not to like? I can understand your other points but I feel WoFF is so, so much more than what you've dismissed it as.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Below average. I haven't bothered to pick up FFXV yet as one; they have moved in a completely different direction than what the games were and two, it's now an action RPG now which is a gameplay style I've never cared for. Why alienate your own fan base? Don't get me started on FFXIII.

FFXIV is a very good game gameplay-wise and although it was the first MMO I got involved in, the story still couldn't get me absorbed, and this has been an issue with this company for years in my experience.

Str8 Pimpin'