Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Thread

Default NFL Thread

As the calendar moves to September, it means that FOOTBALL is back.

And while the league continues to be in a state of flux, the game itself carries onward.

Who do you think will win it all this season? Are we forever doomed to watch the Pats win again and again?

Playoffs:

AFC:
    Pats
    Steelers
    Texans
    Raiders
    Titans
    Broncos

NFC:
    Giants
    Bucs
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Cowboys
    Falcons

AFC Title Game:
    Raiders over Pats

NFC Title Game:
    Seahawks over Giants

Super Bowl:
    Seahawks over Raiders

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll tune in for the World Series Stanley Cup Final Bowl in February. Up until then I will have absolutely no idea as to what is happening in this sport.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Go Giants!

So long as the Cowboys or Patriots don't win I'll be happy.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A West Coast Bowl, I like it.

I do think the Raiders are the only team that could beat New England. NE may go 16-0. I hope the Raiders give us one last moment of glory before booking it to Vegas.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I never got informed that our draft was happening in fantasy so my team sucks. But I'll see what I can do.

I am forever a Giants fan, but without an O-line or run-game, I doubt we'll make it out of the Wild Card round. I'm rooting for Oakland; they're really fun to watch, and that team needs a win after Carr's heartbreaking injury last year. KC is also a treat. Honestly, I'm comfortable with anyone winning besides the Patriots or another team from the NFC East.

Wild Card round? I'll be ecstatic if the Giants make it to 8-8 at this rate on the basis of that first game and their schedule

Good to see the Patriots tripped up in their first game though

One game does not a season make. The law of averages said the Giants would lose to the Cowboys eventually. And remember, Dallas lost to the Giants twice last year but won the division still.

Week One games are wonky now because the pre-season and training camp has become such a joke. For so many teams and players, this is the first actual game speed they are seeing. It'll improve.

I knew the game was lost from the first possession when Prescott got stopped on 3rd down and the refs gave a terribly good spot of the ball for a 1st down. It was going to be that kind of game. With Beckham back in the fold and with any sort of O-line uptick, the season isn't lost yet.

I'll be curious to see which of these teams are for real though: The Jags, The Vikings, The Rams and The Eagles.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    One game does not a season make. The law of averages said the Giants would lose to the Cowboys eventually. And remember, Dallas lost to the Giants twice last year but won the division still.

Week One games are wonky now because the pre-season and training camp has become such a joke. For so many teams and players, this is the first actual game speed they are seeing. It'll improve.

I knew the game was lost from the first possession when Prescott got stopped on 3rd down and the refs gave a terribly good spot of the ball for a 1st down. It was going to be that kind of game. With Beckham back in the fold and with any sort of O-line uptick, the season isn't lost yet.

I'll be curious to see which of these teams are for real though: The Jags, The Vikings, The Rams and The Eagles.

Take care all.
    I agree, for the most part, but the offence will only go as far as the offensive line will take it. Without one, Manning is rushed and Perkins becomes obsolete. He definitely ain't no Lynch who can eke out an extra yard-or-two through sheer willpower.

I am biased against the Eagles, obviously, but I do think the other three teams you listed have solid enough defences to carry them throughout the season (barring injury). I think the Rams can make the most noise come playoff time. Jags' season hinges on the consistency of Bortles and Hurns actually becoming a threat again. Fournette seems to be this year's Zeke, and they've been so terrible for so long that I'd like to see them succeed. The Chiefs have piqued my interests as well after the games Hunt and Hill had.

Lots of players protesting this weekend after Trump decided to start ranting about players kneeling during the national anthem etc. Good on them, hope they keep winding up him and his idiot voters. God knows why they play the national anthem before every bloody game anyway.

Also, the Giants are still floundering somewhat.

What a miserable season this is for Giants fans

Thank god for Aaron Rodgers at least, best QB in the NFL by a mile.

As a Bears fan, it's going to be another "oh god we're dead, just kill us already" season.
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it the Superbowl yet?

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I don't really watch it too closely, but my teams are the Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panthers.

So, y'know, it looks like it'll be more than 10 years since the Browns have had a winning season, but the Panthers look all right.

Bump as it's playoff time. I predicted four home wins this weekend, so I'm already 0/2! I think it might be a Steelers v Saints Super Bowl.