Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Seriously, SMURF high-gloss furniture

  1. #1
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Zenithia
    Posts
    16,650
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default Seriously, SMURF high-gloss furniture

    Why the smurf

    I mean

    Do you guys realize how hard it is to find furniture nowadays that isn't polished to the point that it smurfing blinds you every time the sun rises? What is the deal? Why do people want their cabinets to look like Mr. Clean's shiny bald head? Is regular wood not good enough for you? Do your bathroom cabinets have to look like they're made of 24 karat gold and essence of donkey testicles so you can feel like Kim Smurfing Kardashian every time you go to take a dump???!!!


    I don't like high gloss furniture. But, unfortunately for me, 90% of all furniture available in stores now are high-gloss. Needless to say, it's hard to find the thing I want at a reasonable price because of this.

    Any other furniture trends that bother you guys?

    EDIT: Also, if you like leather furniture, you are dead to me

  2. #2
    Sh♥tposter Extraordinaire Jinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    21,504
    Articles
    4
    Blog Entries
    14

    FFXIV Character

    Winter Arcana (Sargatanas)

    Default

    i only own one piece of furniture that didn't require assembly

    so

    no i don't have many thoughts on the trends of furniture
    mfw you post

  3. #3
    'Just Friends' Formalhaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glenwood
    Posts
    13,304
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Just wear sunglasses. Problem solved.


  4. #4
     Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yer pants
    Posts
    25,003
    Articles
    268
    Blog Entries
    34

    FFXIV Character

    Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

    Default

    There was this I dunno twead? kinda thing for couches. And pleather. Like, my dogs WILL destroy that. Nope. Nope.

  5. #5
    Eternally Lost Chibi Youkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Over that way ->
    Posts
    1,599

    FFXIV Character

    Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Glossy furniture is evil. So is glass and stainless steel. Anything that you have to constantly wipe down to keep the finger prints off of is just wrong. Why have something that's so non-functional? Seriously, if you spend more time keeping it clean than using it, what's its' worth?

  6. #6
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Zenithia
    Posts
    16,650
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Glossy furniture is evil. So is glass and stainless steel. Anything that you have to constantly wipe down to keep the finger prints off of is just wrong. Why have something that's so non-functional? Seriously, if you spend more time keeping it clean than using it, what's its' worth?
    You are now officially my spirit animal

    I also hate glass surfaces because I'm always way too stressed out about them breaking. Why would you do that to yourself?

  7. #7
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Youkai View Post
    Glossy furniture is evil. So is glass and stainless steel. Anything that you have to constantly wipe down to keep the finger prints off of is just wrong. Why have something that's so non-functional? Seriously, if you spend more time keeping it clean than using it, what's its' worth?
    You are now officially my spirit animal

    I also hate glass surfaces because I'm always way too stressed out about them breaking. Why would you do that to yourself?
    If I had a glass coffee table, I guarantee that at some point I would trip over and land face-first in the middle of it.

    Me + breakable furniture = inevitable destruction

  8. #8
    Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Solar System
    Posts
    12,080
    Articles
    2
    Blog Entries
    55

    Default Just pretend the furniture hacked my account

    HEARD YOU WERE TALKING trout ABOUT MY FAMILY, FYNN


  9. #9

  10. #10
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    That's still tame tho

    Now this genuinely offends me

    Before I left for Uni, when I still lived with my Mum, our kitchen had cupboards like this, as well as a shiny faux-marblely type counter-top. So much time wasted polishing...

  11. #11
    Radical Dreamer Cid's Knight Fynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Zenithia
    Posts
    16,650
    Articles
    56
    Blog Entries
    16

    FFXIV Character

    A'nutoh Tia (Sargatanas)

    Default

    omg marble also grinds my gears like crazy so it sounds like your kitchen would be absolute hell for me

  12. #12
    Yes homo Mr. Carnelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Winchester, England
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    omg marble also grinds my gears like crazy so it sounds like your kitchen would be absolute hell for me
    Fortunately, my and Formy's current kitchen, and the flat as a whole, is a high-gloss free zone. Huzzah!

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Yossarian Lives Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    50,868
    Articles
    71

    Default

    Oh man I love high gloss furniture and marble. My house is full of it.

  15. #15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •