View Poll Results: The Best Persona Bro?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Junpei

6 54.55%
  • Yosuke

2 18.18%
  • Ryuji

3 27.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Junpei vs. Yosukie vs. Ryuji

Default Junpei vs. Yosukie vs. Ryuji

Playing P5 for the first time. Have to ake a break 'cuz my controller broke but hope to restart next week. I'm not that fast - just got Yusuke in the party - but I'm curious about this.

P3-5 each have the "Bro" character. While very different overall. they still fall into the same overall type. They're the first guy on your team you meet, they are really bad at school. everyone kind of makes fun of them for being dumb, etc..

But which do you like best and why?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ryuji. I just found him the best match for me in terms of broness. Aside from his stupid yelling of secret information

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Junpei is my favorite because he's both likable and multifaceted once the plot gets going. Sadly Yosuke always felt rather one note for my taste, and Ryuji's better character development is in his social link, whereas he's a complete short tempered dumbass in the main plot. Overall, Yosuke is my least favorite of the three because his personality kind of grates on my nerves and he's a bit too clingy for my taste.

Course none of them have anything on my main man Eikichi!

IMG_1243777621468.jpeg

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I hate them all. But I hate Ryuji the most. Well ok, i dislike Junpei the least. He gets a lot more trout from other teammates than he deserves, the same can't be said for the other two.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Kanji

Okay, Ryuji. I love the guy. He very likeable. He really feels like a friend to the group. Him and Mona had more of a brothers dynamic going on.

Junpei good too. After while anyway. But Yosuke just gets worse as the game goes on.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Haven't gotten too far into Persona 3, so I can't speak for Junpei (I know he gets massively better later, but as of three months into the game, he's alright). But I love Ryuji. His social link is so good, it always feels contrived to me whenever he smurfs up; like he should be smarter, but the writers needed a comic relief moment. Yosuke feels like he always deserved anything bad that happened to him.

But yeah, the real answer is Eikichi Mishina aka glam rock Kazuma Kuwabara
    Returners Represent!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

FOR REAL?!

I haven't experienced 4 yet, so it's between Junpei and Ryuji. I really like them both but I'm going with Junpei because the Chidori arc gave him a surprising amount of depth.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I cannot stress how much I love Michel. He's like my favorite anime archetype combined with the style of Visual Kei J-Rock (which I don't really listen to, but I love Prince and early Queen, so... close enough?)

What's funny is that every time I revisit Persona 4, I like Yosuke less and less. It's the equivalent of catching up with a friend who refused to grow up after High School; I'm reminded of what I used to be like, and its embarrassing that I could ever relate to him.
    Returners Represent!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    What's funny is that every time I revisit Persona 4, I like Yosuke less and less. It's the equivalent of catching up with a friend who refused to grow up after High School; I'm reminded of what I used to be like, and its embarrassing that I could ever relate to him.
    Exactly. I liked him well enough on my first playthrough. On my second, he got pretty grating.

There is a scene in one of P2's many awful dungeons where Tatsuya will save Maya from something falling on her head...but in an exact copy of that scene later, he lets Eikichi get his skull caved in. Therefore, I dub thee NOT Best Bro. In fact, I think it's pretty obvious who Tatsuya's best bro was. About as gay as Yu and Yosuke but they didn't cut it.

Also Junpei is a pig to my FeMC. He's just falling further and further the more I play of P3.

Yosuke is always supportive and cool.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

tbf, Junpei's sexism is presented as a characer flaw that he must overcome and in the endthat makes him even more endearing.

Yosuke, on the other hand, has his sexism and homophobia treated as a joke and/or point of relatability

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    tbf, Junpei's sexism is presented as a characer flaw that he must overcome and in the endthat makes him even more endearing.

Yosuke, on the other hand, has his sexism and homophobia treated as a joke and/or point of relatability
    Yosuke only really has a problem with Chie and that's because they bicker like an old married couple. If you're gonna bring up his being a bit mean to her, I'm gonna bring up her assaulting him and then poisoning him. The fact is, they hurt each other 'cuz they care.

Yosuke's homophobic comments are undeniable but the sexism charge is kinda ridiculous. Yosuke never has a problem deferring to Naoto nor does he undermine her intelligence. She is the undisputed smartest person in the group. Yosuke never shows any signs of being uncomfortable about this fact or feeling like he has to put her in her place.

Articles
    Blog Entries

He does buy the girls swimsuits and guilts them into wearing them.
    He also signs them up for a swimsuit pageant w/o their consent.
    He's the one who suggests that they charge the girl's room as some sort of "retribution" for the bathhouse schedule mishap.
    He asks Teddie for the girl's measurements, again, w/o their consent.

Like, Yosuke might not be a straight-up women hater, but he makes it clear that he doesn't seem to respect them. From what a friend told me, Junpei stops flirting with the FeMC and acts more as a bro than he ever did to the MC. Again, that's word-of-mouth, still haven't played P3 all the way.
    Returners Represent!