Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you still use an actual PS1 to play PS1 games?

⎛⎝ High King ⎠⎞‏ Lone Wolf Leonhart's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Now that I think about it, I do remember one backwards compatibility problem I had.

On disc 2 of The Legend of Dragoon during the water dragon fight, if any of your characters transform your game will freeze during the post-battle cutscene. I think that was pretty universal for everyone who tried it.

As a general rule, the slim was better than the brick for compatibility. Even for some ps2 games themselves. Games with blue discs had trouble reading on the brick.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Sargatanas)

The PS1 was my sister's, so she has it.

PS2 does the job.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Mine finally died a couple years ago, sadly. Up until then, yes. Still have on of the mini-PS2's that I take on extended work trips, though.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i just bought cool borders 2000 in the local thrift

it was not a great decision but here we are

my psx still works great, it's a refurb, so bits are falling off it (in it, i can hear them shake), but it will still spin n play anything i put in there

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I went through 3 PS2's. The laser eye always went out on me. So now that I think about it, I did pull out my PS1 often to replay older games.

when my first PlayStation died i replaced it with a PSone, i made sure to get the attachable monitor for it too, and with how PSX/one looks on modern TVs i'm glad i did... now it sits on my computer desk fully hooked up and ready to play anytime i feel like playing a PSone classic, the games look really good on the tiny official monitor that was made for it, way better than on the TV... so, yeah, i do still use my PSone... wish they made an official monitor for the PS2 cause it looks really nasty on non-CRT televisions...

Famine Wolf Cid's Knight Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Not often, but I do. I have one of those newer models (I had an old one, but it has long since stopped working) that lets you attach a small screen to it. Funny thing is, I got the newer model as a gift and just happened to find a used screen in good condition a couple of years later. Since I have a Vita, that's usually my go-to choice to play original PlayStation games on the go, but if I don't feel like emulating or if I can't, gotta go with the original hardware.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Nah. I emulate.

I haven't hooked my PS1 up in well over ten years, now that I think about it.