Thread: Make a Sequel

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Make a Sequel

Because Square likes to do it, and I still feel they are bad about it, let's throw out some of our own ideas of how SE could go about tacking on another story for one of our beloved games.

Personally, I don't have any sequel in mind, but I'd love to have a prequel of FFX with the journey of Braska, Auron and Jecht. It would be so interesting

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Give me a Final Fantasy VIII sequel or give me death.

There's enough timey wimey business in that world to create something new, premise wise.

There's also enough natural growth of the characters by the end of the game where a sequel where they are more mature would be awesome. We could see Seifer as a protagonist. We could see Laguna taking on a mentor type role to Squall, the truth of his lineage being just right outside his line of vision.

It would be great to revisit places like Esthar or Timber.

Headmaster Cid has passed away. There's only one person you want to see with that likeness, the great Robin Williams.

FFVIII, without a doubt.

X has been done to death with sequels, as has XIII, and XV has been done to death with dlc. XV has also had a movie and an anime, and VII has had loads of extra stuff too. And XII had RW.

But VIII and IX are the only ones from the ps1 era onwards that have had bugger all. Which is a shame because they're my #2 and #3 FF games.

An FFVIII sequel, where the characters are a bit older, would be great. I'd even argue that it could confirm that Rinoa = Ultimecia, but I know many wouldn't want that.

I can just picture an older Zell with a beard.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvio View Post
    I can just picture an older Zell with a beard.
    I had to google it after trying to picture it and only found this:

https://zlide.deviantart.com/art/Xel...odle-344390062

Great fan art, but I was envisioning a fuller beard.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd almost rather have a prequel for VIII following Laguna. I could see a sequel work in that world too, but I feel like they would end up doing a story that isn't done really well or undoes a lot of the stuff in the original game.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I'd almost rather have a prequel for VIII following Laguna. I could see a sequel work in that world too, but I feel like they would end up doing a story that isn't done really well or undoes a lot of the stuff in the original game.
    Squenix could always tap me for the rights for my story idea for a sequel.

FFVIII-2
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    To me, the sequel would deal with the power vacuum left in the wake of the last game. SeeD is called on more and more to bring stability to the Western continent but the new political leader of Galbadia drives up fear because the only two remaining military powers left on the planet is SeeD and Esthar and since both organizations leaders have family ties, the leader of Galbadia uses this to try to force Squall from stepping down as leader and handing it over to someone whom Galbadia may be able to manipulate for their own ends.

Meanwhile, being the major force of global order has taken its toll on Squall, he personally leads expeditions to resolve conflicts and has become more and more reliant on the use of GFs. Rinoa is concerned about Squall but the others are also too busy to notice what is happening as Squall's overuse of the GFs begins to take its toll on his memories. Between worrying about Squall and feeling isolated, Rinoa begins to secretly talk to Seifer who is laying low in Balamb after he was discharged from Garden. Seifer meets with Rinoa secretly where he tries to cheer her up.

Laguna is simply trying to adjust Esthar to the move from isolation, his country is split on the decision with members of his security council prefer to keep the country's nose out of world affairs especially since they see the threat of the new Galbadia leadership. Ellone and Edea are greeted by a mysterious group of women who reveal they are Sorceress' that had stayed hidden due to the actions of Adel and Ultimecia. They wish to meet Rinoa but fear SeeD and ask the girls to formally introduce them to Squall and Rinoa.

The Coven wishes to properly train Rinoa in their ways so she can better integrate herself in normal human society but when the Galbadian leader's spies discover SeeD is hiding a Sorceress in their ranks, he drums a fear campaign that sends the world into a frenzy and turning them against both Squall and Laguna. Galbadian forces storm Balamb Garden while their main forces are away fighting proxy battles Galbadia started to as a diversion and they are able to capture Rinoa and a few other Sorceress' using Odine tools. Brainwashing the girls, Galbadia now has a weapon that can go toe to toe with both SeeD's Para-Magic and Esthar's technology and they declare war on both.

Squall prepares for war and the others are fearful for him because of Rinoa being taken. Yet Squall is eerily calm because his memories are almost gone. He holds onto the memory of wanting to protect someone but has forgotten who it was he wanted to protect. The war begins and both sides take heavy casualties, the Brainwashed Sorceresses and High Ranking SeeD are nearly evenly matched but its Ellone, Seifer, his gang, and Edea's eventful arrival with a device from Odine that can neutralize the brainwashing equipment Galabdia uses that turns the tide of the war.

Laguna, Ward, and Kiros sneak into Galbadia and neutralize their President, finding evidence that he used the fear campaign to gain power so he could transform Galbadia into a world power to take on Esthar by using the Sorceresses and SeeD.

Seifer and his group continue to look for Rinoa who was missing from the battlefield. He finally finds her battling Squall who has lost all memory of her and only sees her as an enemy that needs to be killed. Seifer intervenes in the fight and is able to free Rinoa's mind. the Two battle Squall as they try to reason with him and remind him of who he is and who they are to him. Sqaull seems to far gone but Rinoa uses her powers to conjure a GF to Juncxtion to Seifer that can allow him to stand up to Squall. The three battle it out and slowly each member of Squall's friends show up and try to remind him of who he is, apologizing that they had not payed attention to how much leading SeeD had taken a toll on him and promising to help him carry the burden after the battle. Finally Ellone and Rinoa break through to Squall and he's subdued.

In the aftermath of the war, Galbadia's government is changed to one that is pure democracy so no one figure could take power. Laguna uses the conflict to convince his people that Esthar cannot return to an isolationist stance because its too late now, the genie is out of the bottle. Cid takes back leadership of SeeD from Squall and disbands the military branch of the group, Garden is now changed to a school for war orphans and gifted youngsters to create new leaders, though SeeD still exists as a secret group whose task is to protect the world from Sorceresses but they collaborate with the Coven who came out of hiding to help them bring better understanding and hopefully allow Sorceresses to one day be able to not have to hide among the regular people.

Seifer and his group are finally forgiven for their part in Ultimecia's War. Cid even gives them the chance to return to Garden as teachers. Seifer declines and instead chooses to join the Balamb Police force, while Fuujin and Raijin start their own seafood restaurant in Balamb. Rinoa learns more about the Sorceress but chooses to stay with Squall who is recovering from his injuries and overuse of the GF. Quistis returns to Garden as a teacher, Selphie and Irvine go to Trabia Garden to be instructors there. Zell joins the Balamb police force as well where he fights with Seifer all the time and Squall retires from SeeD. He moves to Timber with Rinoa and they start a family. Squall chose to become a Journalist like his father had been and restarts Timber Maniacs.

The End