Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comfort gaming

My favorite game: Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Nothing is frustrating about it and it's like an old friend that's never left. One of the reasons it's my favorite.

Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask as well. They have the comfiest atmosphere of the entire series in my opinion.

Blog Entries

I don't so much have a comfort game as I have an addiction to a particular genre. That would be "buy and build." I get away from it for a while, but then I get lured back by its flashy design and here I am binging hours of my life away to construct the next big building on my never-ending (apparently) to-do list. Weeks (or months) later, I'm forced to look back at this investment of my time and energy only to realize that everything I've accomplished in the game leaves me feeling empty. Therw wasn't even a story to indulge in. Just mindless repetitiveness like some compulsive gambling addict on a slot machine. Fortunately, I've never spent a real-world dime on these games, reminding myself that in the end, I lnow I'm not going to care about whatever it is they're trying to sell me.
    Not everyone watches Doctor Who... in fact, some people outright hate it... and you.

Samurai 7 Live-Action
    Chow Yun Fat as Kambei, Ken Leung as Shichirouji, Mario Lopez as Heihachi,
    Russell Wong as Kyuzo, Dwayne Johnson as Gorobei, Dante Basco as Katsushiro

--Matthew Arnold--
    Wandering between two worlds, one dead,
    The other powerless to be born,
    With nowhere yet to rest my head,
    Like these, on earth, I wait forlorn.

Hey, ladies, single and lookin'!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy IV and Ocarina of Time for me
    Returners Represent!

The Alpha and the Omega WarZidane's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

I don't really have any one game like that. Games that put me in a good place are RPGs, but I'm not one to replay RPGs a lot.

The game I tend to use (recently) to just unwind is, ironically, a game that isn't really the relaxing kind at all, Overwatch. I just head into quickplay, pick what I want to play and do my best but not worry about the actual results.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Mario, any of them except Sunshine. Also OG Zelda, Pokemon, and simple puzzle games like Tetris.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum