Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm always for more FFIX

For me it's worth it for two reasons: 1) trophies, 2) convenience of being on the PS4. I still have my PS1 with the original games but that's just more space taken, more cables, etc for one game. Oh and also the mods (3x speed etc) are great for parents like me with limited time.

Sucks that FF8 is getting rejected. But might download this later to play around Christmas.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Outside of here, I honestly don't see too many actually asking for a VIII remaster. And I do waaaay too much internet browsing.

Like I know it's a big favorite for everyone here and I know it's unfair that your favorite hasn't got the re-release yet. It's just probably not as much of a priority as the other games based on vocal fan wants. It'll probably happen cause it's like the only one missing now. It's just not as big of a priority.
    To be fair the few top comments I have seen are strictly people saying they want a FFVIII remaster.

It's inevitable that VIII will get the same treatment, I just hope that the reason they are holding out is because they could possibly go down the VII remake route. Unlikely but one can dream!

Str8 Pimpin'

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm surprised it was released but it's not a priority for me. I bought it for the PS3 and even have it on my PSP. So with portable option taken care of, I don't really see a reason to pick up a minor remaster when I already have the original and two more copies on systems I still play.

pretty cool they gave it the VII treatment, but, i'm with several others, it makes no sense that they would release IX before VIII... i'm not buying into "it's more popular" either considering VIII sold 8.8M copies and IX only sold 5.7M copies in all formats comparatively... i really do hope they give VIII the same treatment as VII & IX, it would be a real shame if they did not... also $20 for IX when VII sales for $15 is ridiculous, think i'll wait until it's like 70% off for PS+ members or something like another Square-Enix sale, there's no way i'll pay more for a lesser game, it should be the same price as VII at the most... i'll get it eventually but, the current criteria is just wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by sonormatt View Post
    For me it's worth it for two reasons: 1) trophies,
    Enjoy your 1000 jumps.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Didn't the Steam version come out this year?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Didn't the Steam version come out this year?
    It did! And the PS4 version of FFVII is the Steam version too. And the Steam version of VII was just the PC port from way back. So XI didn't actually get the VII treatment - it got treated better!

Actually it came out last year. 2016. This ps4 version is, of course, a pc port, with all the errors and bugs and possibly crashes of the pc version. Unfortunately in this scenario I, nor anyone else can fix it. While I admire its going back to its roots on PlayStation, not in this way. Leave it to them to ignore the bug reporting.
    Nothing worse than a game crashing on a console, I guess.

Oh well, I got FFIX too many times, now it won't be a last, that ps4 version is sorry. replay value, lost.