Thread: Longest stretch of days off received (not including vacation)

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Longest stretch of days off received (not including vacation)

If someone at your job makes your schedule for you, what's the most time off you've gotten in a row? Not including vacation time or if you've been unemployed for a while.

I've been fortunate enough in recent years to have a loose schedule. I don't like having rigid hours of "come in at this time every day".

But along with the loose schedule comes the unknown of what the coming weeks look like. I generally work 5 days a week, but every once in a while I'll get an unexpected 3 days off instead of the standard 2.

Fortunately, I haven't had a job I disliked in a long time. I don't remember if I've ever gotten 4 days scheduled off in a row. It would probably feel great, but not so much on the wallet.

Sometimes I miss the arena gig I had that let me schedule my own hours. It sounds freeing, but because you want to get paid, you end up showing up all the time anyway.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I've worked Monday to Friday since I started working, and I am completely okay with this.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

Once got seven days off due to some back to back snowstorms that hit the area I lived in a few years ago. That was pretty awesome.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The most I can ever get in one week is 3 just due to needing 40 hours. I have managed 6 in a row one time though with Thursday through Tuesday off. I think I took a spontaneous vacation then, which was fun. I'm sure I had longer stretches when I was only part time in high school.

2 days for me. I was working in a zero-hour contract at a cafe in the last few months of last year, but for most of that time I was working 6 days a week, so I never got more than 2 days off in a week, and only 1 day off most weeks. Much happier in my current Monday-Friday 9-5.

Probably three. I wanted to say four, but that most likely involved a Thanksgiving or Easter day.

On the other end the longest I ever worked was nine. Whenever a five-dayer leaves somebody ends up getting boned with a nine day week to bring schedules to order again.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My longest time working was 14 days in a row due to people quitting or calling in sick or something on top of working extra for the holidays. That was fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

4, due to getting Sat/Sun, Mon/Tue as my off days

That reminded me that last Christmas was a time I got four in a row. No need for an extra worker on a short day Christmas Eve, Christmas off, followed by my regular Mon/Tues weekend.