I've recently been able to finally get Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and there's one thing in particular that I'm looking forward to in this one: the fully (well, mostly) adult cast. I heard a lot about how this is actually in the game's themes, dialogue, and how this really does make a difference in the overall message and feel of the story, so I really can't wait to play it!

But that reminded me of how oversaturated this genre in particular is with kid protagonist. I mean, I'm not complaining - I was a kid too, and I can relate to kids in media and don't really need the heroes to be my age in order to project completely - but the fact that it's so refreshing to see a JRPG with an adult cast is kind of sad. Adults make these games, right? More adults right now are playing games than ever and there are a ton of themes you could touch on with an adult demographic that you couldn't with a teen one, so why not tap into it? Why do Western developers have fewer problems with this and adult protagonists are more prevalent here?

And my question to you guys: any other JRPGs with adult protagonists you've ever played or heard about? Did you enjoy them? Do you wish, like me, that there were more of them?