Thread: Just beat the original NES version

Default Just beat the original NES version

Imagine beating the original NES version on a faulty wii u that sometimes turns off mid-game. Imagine having to worry about that and losing progress in dungeons where you can't save in this VERY challenging game. Yeah, this happened to me. I think I need a hug.

Why didn't you turn in the console for a refund or something ????

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Why didn't you turn in the console for a refund or something ????
    I did. Well I sent it in for repairs. An after much hassle, nintendo 'repaired' it, charged me and whatnot, and I finally got it back. Incidentally I was on FF1 just at the time I decided to send it in, but wasn't that far, so deleted my file because it would be a long wait until I could resume. Once the wii u finally returned, I started FF1 again, more relaxed because I thought the issue had gone.

Then there I was, playing FF1, thinking the issue had been fixed. But then it happened at the ice cavern shortly after beating the volcano. It happened a bit later in the game too while I was shopping for items. Throughout my entire playthrough of the game it happened twice. And in the past, happened about 5 times or something. So it seems to be fairly rare, but it happens, and you literally don't know when. Imagine doing the final dungeon of FF1 with all that crap on my mind. I've had to buy a wii u again now because it's ruining my enjoyment of gaming.

Angry with nintendo for wasting my time and putting me through hassle for nothing. And stress! I've asked them for a refund but I doubt I'll get one.
    Last edited by Jarvio; 09-27-2017 at 12:01 PM.

That's pretty gross of Nintendo.

Glad that you completed FF1 though ! The original- original too !

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    That's pretty gross of Nintendo.
    It gets even worse, I contacted them again, several times, to inform them that the issue was still there.

They were all talking crap and jargon and NOT answering my questions.

One person said that my console was REPLACED, so if it was replaced, why is the issue still there? The fact that the issue still happened on a REPLACED console screwed up my head because now I have no idea what caused the issue and also can never play wii u ever again for the fear of it turning off!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is this something that happens only for Virtual Console titles or any game at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Is this something that happens only for Virtual Console titles or any game at all?
    Wii mode only. But any game on wii mode, including wii games itself, and vc titles too.

However, there's nothing to say it couldn't happen on the wii u mode too, I just haven't experienced it yet. There is no way of telling, because it is a rare and unpredictable issue. I have played wii mode far more than I have played wii u mode, so it could easily be an issue on wii u mode too.

I have searched all over the internet and not found one person who has this issue.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hm. Maybe you're having a power issue? Or with your TV, maybe? It's actually really common practice for companies to outright replace your machine instead of fixing it when you send it to them, so it's most likely that the Wii U itself isn't to blame as this is probably the second Wii U to have the same issue.

Hm. Maybe you're having a power issue? Or with your TV, maybe? It's actually really common practice for companies to outright replace your machine instead of fixing it when you send it to them, so it's most likely that the Wii U itself isn't to blame as this is probably the second Wii U to have the same issue.
    It's not the tv, as it's the console that turns off.

It could be the power outlet, but unfortunately I can't do a thing about that, because I have a certain set-up for all my devices, it can't be re-arranged at all. Unless I move house!

I have other consoles using this same power outlet though, and none of those have ever had an issue. It's only been the wii u.

I'm assuming that's the source of your trouble, then.
    If it is, what could I do about that though? Nothing