Thread: Ivalice themed Final Fantasy XIV: Patch 4.1 The Legend Returns

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Ivalice themed Final Fantasy XIV: Patch 4.1 The Legend Returns

LOOK NEW PATCH. We heard you like Final Fantasy Tactics So we put Tactics in your MMO!

Thoughts?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

I havent played FFT but I think this raid is in the top 3 so far. With Weeping city and Sycrus Tower being my other 2. Its pretty tough. But not too tough. Only problem is the final boss spoiled me on who a bad guy was so meow but its been like 15 years or something so I have no excuse or worries.

I like how the story fits well into the world of FFXIV too. And bagamnan making a return is cool too I always liked that dude and his bangaa siblings. Aye its fun.

Hope this thread isnt too out of date :x

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's really just the new 24-man raid that's FFT themed. It's a fun time, and beautiful, but I don't care about Ivalice. Never have, doubt I ever will, so it's wasted on me.

HW 24-mans were the best, because they were completely original content, and the story was relative to FFXIV exclusively. The only throwback was there was a cat character named Cait Sith (who has a completely different personality than FFVII Cait Sith).

Tbh, a lot of content this expansion has been lazy reskins of old FF games. Which you expect to an extent, but too much of it is lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    It's really just the new 24-man raid that's FFT themed. It's a fun time, and beautiful, but I don't care about Ivalice. Never have, doubt I ever will, so it's wasted on me.

HW 24-mans were the best, because they were completely original content, and the story was relative to FFXIV exclusively. The only throwback was there was a cat character named Cait Sith (who has a completely different personality than FFVII Cait Sith).

Tbh, a lot of content this expansion has been lazy reskins of old FF games. Which you expect to an extent, but too much of it is lame.
    Agree with you on that last part. I likw tge old callbacks but I think tge omega was enough. I mean we got neo exdeath we dont need anything else

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

idk it's not any worse than any other expansion has been in terms of throwing down call backs and references to other FF titles

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Well aside from zenos merging with (SPOILER) Shinryu being like vayne merging with venat there wasnt much callback to ffxii in msq despite being centered around the XIIth legion (all the garlen legions are based of of villains from the same name in ff. Vith is general leo viithis Sephiroth and xivth is new) so thats cool