Thread: Favorite Esper

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Relm Favorite Esper

Simple question, of the various Espers you acquire in this game, which one was your favorite? Whether you liked it for the summon attached to it or simply loved the spell combination it taught, I'm sure we all have one or two we really love.

Crusader because its Sophia, Sephirot and Zurvan fighting. Obviously not all of their power but at least it has something to it. The war of "Goddess, Demon and Devil". Goddess, Doom (Gaze) and Poltrgeist/Angry God.

Phoenix. The context in which we have it is beautiful, and it's also very useful.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always liked Maduin and Valigarmanda. First, because they teach all the elemental spells of that particular level at a decent rate, and second due to their story relevance.

Now that I think about it, FFVII is pretty lame with its lacking background for summons. IV has background, VI has background, VIII has background, IX has background, X has background, XII has, XIII has, XV has. In VII they are just there.

V and VII are very lazy when it comes to that.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 10-03-2017 at 09:06 AM.

Alexander has my favorite animation and overall design, but Golem is the one I use the most.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Now that I think about it, FFVII is pretty lame with its lacking background for summons. IV has background, VI has background, VIII has background, IX has background, X has background, XII has, XIII has, XV has. In VII they are just there.

V and VII are very lazy when it comes to that.
    Yeah, I didn't think much of it when I was younger as Final Fantasy VII was my first Final Fantasy, but the summons are just there, and not explained. Even if they still used materia to summon them, it would have been nice to explain them - even have some optional fights with them, to get the materia, maybe?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never answered my own thread.

I think Ramuh and Odin are two of my favorites from a narrative focus. I've always had a sof spot for Ramuh due to having a bit more of a role in this game. Odin though, has one of the coolest backstories in the game and I love the fact we get a glimpse of the War of the Magi with it. Extra points for getting some special dialogue if you bring Terra to do this quest.

Gameplay side of things. I love Terrato/Midgarzolom, Alexander, and Crusader. Though Palidor saved my ass a few times as well.

Palidor. Everyone jumps and then takes their turn after landing is a great way to start and/or finish a boss battle.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

Ramuh or Raiden