Thread: Rank the Game Consoles you've owned/played

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

ZOMG! Rank the Game Consoles you've owned/played

What it says on the tin, rank every game console system you used (sorry PC people) from your least favorite to your absolute favorite.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh man, Not counting handhelds I'll go with...

WiiU - I feel bad putting this first because it's purely due to the fact that I've barely played it. Mario Kart and Mario Maker have seen the most action.
    Wii - Wii Sports, Wii Play, both Mario Galaxies and Twilight Princess were the highlights. The fact that it was a filthy casuals console means it's low on the list.
    Amiga - I shake my head when I think how horribly addicted I was to Championship Manager. Sensible Soccer was also a gem.
    ZX Spectrum - Our first ever computer and lots of happy memories. Matchday 2, Chuckie Egg, Horace Goes Skiing, Daley Thompson's Decathalon, Dizzy... hugely diverse games considering how primitive it was.
    PS2 - The lowest rated of my PS consoles but it was still amazing. The three GTAs stand out the most. Pro Evo (their golden era) Gran Turismo, Crazy Taxi, SSX also had plenty of playtime.
    PS4 - Tough to place this one with it being the most recent. I've probably played The Last of Us Remastered the most so you can't really count that. Infamous: Second Son got me my first platinum trophy. FFXV, Destiny (so many hours...)
    N64 - Aaah, grainy games. Some classics here. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Starfox, F-Zero X, All Star Baseball and of course... Goldeneye! Though the latter has aged horribly.
    NES - This was when I really got into gaming. Funnily enough, a lot of my favourites on here I got into much later like Blades of Steel and Megaman 2. At the time though, I'd often be found playing the first three Marios, Tetris, Shadow Warriors (Ninja Gaiden) and Snake, Rattle and Roll!
    PS3 - The difference between this and its predecessor was huge for me. In both graphical leap and games. The Last of Us, Uncharted Trilogy, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Remaster (I know, PS2, shush), MLB: The Show, FIFA (started getting great here) and finally... The Mass Effect Trilogy!
    PS1 - Guaranteed my loyalty forever with this first console. FFVII & FFVIII (without which I wouldn't have found you lovely people!), Resident Evil, Tekken, Destruction Derby, Toy Story 2 (Be quiet, it was awesome), Tomb Raider. I'm even playing through another of its classics at this very moment... FFIX!
    SNES - I would be astonished if anything surpassed this as it's so steeped in nostalgia for me. Carting it round to my friends house to play Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter 2, Super Tennis, Suoer Castlevania, A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Contra 3, oh man... there are too many to mention. My only regret is not buying FFVI when I had the opportunity. Still... this is head-and-shoulders above the rest.