Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy IX Impressions

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The trick to winning Tetra Master is to make sure you always go second. If you get the chance to place the final card, you'll win the match like 90% of the time. Technically is has more complex rules than Triple Triad but's it's surprisingly less complex since most of those rules really don't matter like they do in TT.

Steiner is kind of a buzz kill at first, but he becomes hilariously endearing after awhile since he is largely fretting about crap no one else cares about.

Because thats how the qu part is supposed to be pronounced
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I hated Quina my first play through but I hate blue mages sooooo

but my last one i've been working on i've been trying to get all the blue magic so I like them more.

You're about to hit a lot more Freya Story though so I am excited and hope you like her as much as I do (if possible)

I pronounce Quina is Kwen-ah. I think Quin had a influence by all his names across the years like Quin and Tonic, and Quinnifer and all that it was more based off Kwen than anything with a fee in it. Also I've known a Quinne personally and it was pronounced like Gwen but a Q sound. So that influenced it too

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

You're about to hit a lot more Freya Story though so I am excited and hope you like her as much as I do (if possible)
    One awesome thing about FFIX is that the female characters are amazing.

Freya is a great character, second to my personal favourite in IX (Beatrix).
    YE RAGIN', AYE?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm getting a tad peeved with the constant stealing. Every boss has a tonne of stuff and I've just got to wait around watching Zidane fail to steal about twenty times before I can start dealing any serious damage.

It took me a ridiculous number of attempts to steal just two things from the water boss thing in Gizamaluke's Grotto. I couldn't be arsed waiting around any longer as I was burning through potions and ethers. Once I'd killed him, I looked up the boss and apparently he had an Ice Staff that I could've swiped as well. No doubt I'll need that at a later point for some insanely difficult challenge. Am I gonna have to take half an hour on every boss to get every item? Because smurf that...

EDIT: Also, what the hell was this all about?

Zidane is creepy as hellPic 3.jpg
    Last edited by Bubba; 10-19-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So you don't HAVE to steal. You get some items earlier than normal that way but you'll still for the most part get them as you play.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess I just don't like missing stuff. If I know an enemy has something cool I WANT IT NOW. I suppose I could just cool it with my OCD stealing. I don't want to ruin the story for myself as it's been great so far.

Is there any boss anyone can think of top-of-their-heads that's worth waiting around to steal from?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Zidane is an extremely likable character if you overlook the actual smurfing creep thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Is there any boss anyone can think of top-of-their-heads that's worth waiting around to steal from?
    Thanks for all your help Final Fantasy nerds

So I did a little exploring and found another chocograph. My yellow chocobo has now turned blue! This could mean that he's levelled up or he's contracted pneumonia. Either way it's exciting!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes

Including one extremely annoying one near the end of disc 2 have fuuuuunn

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    One awesome thing about FFIX is that the female characters are amazing.
    Dat Queen Brahne.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for all your help Final Fantasy nerds

So I did a little exploring and found another chocograph. My yellow chocobo has now turned blue! This could mean that he's levelled up or he's contracted pneumonia. Either way it's exciting!
    All of the bosses tend to have some good gear so it's always good to steal from all of them when you can. Also, unlike the rest of the series, you can steal from enemies multiple times and getall of their loot. Ark is probably big one to steal from for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like fake treasure chest boxes. I ain't got time for that sh*t. Give me some treasure and let me be on my merry way.

Anyway, I've ventured into disc 2 now. Poor Freya's hometown of Burmecia has been twatted by that pesky black mage army. It looks like the king could still be alive though. Also, it looks like Freya has some unresolved issues with Michael Fratley Lord of the Dance. Don't we all, love...

I had a scrap with Beatrix and was fully intending to rob her of everything. I managed to steal one item before she bailed as we were unworthy opponents I thought you all said Beatrix was awesome?

Also caught up with events involving Garnet/Dagger and Steiner on their travels back to Alexandria. Met Marcus again and he helped us beat up a Black Mage boss. Good job as well as I didn't have Zidane there to nick stuff for me. I'm only grabbing one or two items from the bosses I think... I just can't be arsed.

It looks like I'm just about to stop off in Treno with Marcus. I might do some leveling though as Garnet/Dagger & Steiner and not even in double figures yet...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Treno is a fun town, theme wise.