Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Final Fantasy IX Impressions

I'm playing FFIX as well! This is my second playthrough though, not my first. I'm using a guide this time to find things I missed going into it blind. I sort of wish it was all new for me again though... it's such a charming game.

Taking care of business Cid's Knight Bubba's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
    This is my second playthrough though, not my first. I'm using a guide this time to find things I missed going into it blind.
    This is always my approach too! I don't like guides first time me round as they're hugely spoilerific. If I enjoyed the game though I'll definitely play again with a walkthrough.

This will not happen with FFII

Taking care of business Cid's Knight Bubba's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Picking this back up again after a real-life brush with death. I'm now almost free of the flu that threatened to end my life prematurely.

So Zidane and everyone (apart from Quina) had managed to hitch a ride back to Alexandria Castle on that flying red ship that the Queen has. They meet up with Steiner and Marcus and help Garnet to escape. Beatrix finally realizes that she's working for a total nutjob and lends a hand. About bloody time too!

Our escape is scuppered though and we crash-land in a forest that reminds me a bit of the Moghouse mini-game from FFVII. The Queen has stolen all of Garnet's Eidolons but we met another one here... the charming Ramuh.

Next followed a cut-scene in which Queen Brahne and her mage army invaded Lindblum. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Queen Brahne is definitely a baddie. Zidane, Garnet and Vivi jump off Pinnacle Rock and we're back in the (now decimated) city of Lindblum.

I finish work in 20 mins and will continue my journey on the train ride home. I'm interested to see what happens with Beatrix now she's decided to be a traitor to the Queen. She's got her work cut out to get into my good books though. She referred to us all as "fools" more than once and that is not something I easily forget. THE NORTH REMEMBERS.