Thread: GBA Changes

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Default GBA Changes

I was wondering in the GBA version did they change the leveling of characters in this game? I could've sworn on previous playthroughs Rosa learned Wall/Reflect by the time you could get to The Land of Summons. I have currently lost Kain and got the drill attached and Rosa still doesn't have it. On the wiki page it says in the 2D versions she should've learned it at level 36, but I have her at 38 and she just learned Curaja. This is aggravating! I want Asura and Leviathan.

In addition it seems like run is the only movement option in this game and the audio sounds worse.

Edit: Ah trout. Nevermind, I see it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The GBA versions have a few minor changes and the music and graphical quality is inferior to thew SNES version.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I happened to play this recently on the actual hardware because I felt like randomly busting out old gaming stuff and tinkering with it.

I like most of the graphic changes (mostly touching up of maps, buildings, etc.). But yeah, the sound quality is worse (though not unsuitable). I don't think you can do the doubling trick in this one. As far as I remember, the progress of leveling up is the same.

I know you figured your thing out, but it's cool that this thread popped up so close to me randomly looking back at stuff like this.