Thread: Final Fantasy IX, Facing Fate: Evil Mist Rebirth - Debut [Extreme X]

Default Final Fantasy IX, Facing Fate: Evil Mist Rebirth - Debut [Extreme X]

Find it on Steam.
    Download:

┌─────────────────────┐
    § Download Link §
    └─────────────────────┘
    Last edited by vivi_carol; 11-19-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    "The world is too big for your, narrow mind."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Magick? I don't know that almost makes me not want to play it.

Default Final Fantasy IX, Facing Fate: Evil Mist Rebirth - Debut [The Zodiac Addition]

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Magick? I don't know that almost makes me not want to play it.
    Yes Magick!

I wouldn't give a damn if you played it or not. This mod was not made to please specific people, or gain popularity; no this is was made because I wanted to make it and share for those who see interest. If that ain't you, move on, simple as that. It has a lot of heart and soul into it, which is what makes it so unique and strong apart from the traditional FF9 mods.

Oh yeah I got an update too!

All status immunities (Clean Headed/Antibody/Body Temp) have been removed. To dodge these new horrific bad status, magick evasion is needed.
    This directly adds to the difficulty, making it at least 35% harder in itself.
    Good statuses remain, of course.

This is the ultimate challenge. This mod will test if anyone can complete Final Fantasy IX without status immunities, Auto-Statuses (ex. Haste/Regen/Float/Reflect) excessively strong enemies both early game and near the end, battle rush modes as enemies come in ambushed waves added to the main story, also with the extreme lack of white mages and white magick altogether (mainly early game) to either remove bad statuses inflicted or heal. Not forgetting the x3 times stronger Ozma, 3 extra super bosses and the big boss himself, Yiazmat; structured AI in a way that makes him extremely difficulty even in FFIX's limits. This is literary Final Fantasy IX - Unleashed [Extreme X] raised to the max.

It's not your typical FF9 mod, this one goes further and deeper and I'm not the only one who's worked on it this whole time.

But hey, we all love Beatrix which is why she's the exclusive one here, getting the best makeover than any of the other characters.
    Can't have Alexandria's General lookin' ratchet. Just wait.
    Last edited by vivi_carol; 11-02-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Yiazmat's AI still has bugs.
    Updated.
    Before Yiazmat's Cyclone caused a soft-lock during battle, now fixed.
    An obvious bug; must and has been fixed.

Now features a new location with new backgrounds (finally got it to work!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfvtioJglQ

It may only be one field; but it just proves the possibility. I know the layers aren't perfect; it's my first time using the background importer, cut me some slack. Not currently compatible with HD backgrounds. I don't know that method used or if it'll work out together.
    Original BGM are now compatible, (you can use the vanilla p0data61.bin file with this mod) to a degree. Some scenarios may not sound right doing so. But generally overall works around.
    See OP for link