We've been having a lot of these lately, haven't we! Well, recently Wolf Kanno's top 100 reminded me of how much I love this little gem of a series and it even made me start a brand new playthrough of Dragon Quarter, even though I have other things to do

In any case, let's celebrate this series! What are your favorites?

Favorite game:
Favorite soundtrack:
Favorite overall cast:
Favorite villain:
Favorite Ryu:
Favorite Nina:
Favorite cat-person (Woren, if you want to get technical) party member:
Favorite "big guy" party member (there's always one):
Favorite race and favorite member of that race:
Favorite world:
Favorite town-building minigame:
Favorite dragon transformations:

Imma start with mine!

Favorite game: Dragon Quarter! Controversial, I know
Favorite soundtrack: IV - love how Eastern-inspired it is
Favorite overall cast: II
Favorite villain: (SPOILER)Bosch
Favorite Ryu: Probably IV. He just feels like such a clueless goof.
Favorite Nina: II. Always liked the black wings.
Favorite cat-person (Woren, if you want to get technical) party member: Katt!
Favorite "big guy" party member (there's always one): Garr. It helps that he's The Heavy, narrative-wise.
Favorite race and favorite member of that race: Grassrunner, and my favorite is definitely Scias. There's something incredibly endearig about this weird tall stuttering dog person.
Favorite world: IV. Some people say lke it's a bad thing that it's heavily inspired by real-life China, Korea, and the Far East in general. I think it's a huge asset.
Favorite town-building minigame: II. You get a town that can eventually fly and that's awesome. Shout out to DQ for having huge antz!
Favorite dragon transformations: Dragon Quarter. Yes, the one where you die if you use them like, five times. Because they actually feel meaningful. Becoming a dragon is pretty much a guaranteed win for you but it comes at a steep cost and thats incredible. This is really the only game in the series where the dragon really feels like the near omnipotent force it's described as in the lore.