Thread: GI Joe

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default GI Joe

Did you guys and gals spend your youth saving the world with the International Heroes? Which characters did you have? Which vehicles?

I destroyed many a Cobra base with Ace and his badass white jet.

IMG_7211.JPG
    IMG_7212.JPG

Obviously I stopped playing these when I reached 33. Any fond GI Joe memories?

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

My neighbor had all the Joe’s, so I collected all the Cobras. We would battle non stop stealing each other’s bases until at least 14.

I don't even remember which ones I had but I had a pretty good collection as a kid. As well as TMNT and Transformers. Being a 90s kid was great.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I had Lego. So much Lego. So many plastic treasure chests full of Lego.

I think the closest I ever got to GI Joe was Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet stuff.

I was never really into GI Joe or Action Man for well... reasons.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Mum when I was a kid was overwhelmingly against toy guns or anything like that. She allowed me the classic "Army men" in green and tan plastic but that was about it with military themed toys, I had lots of Playmobil and Lego along with a couple of the 1980s transformers though so was never truly without. I was also from the age of about 9 allowed to make and paint scale models from Revell, Humbrol, Matchstick, etc if I had my brother or Nan's help with the scalpels etc, so I suppose I had plenty of military stuff but it wasn't really toys per-se. I never really therefore got in to the Action Man or GI Joe.

By the time I was about 12, I was interested in Warhammer 40k and my mum surprisingly agreed to me doing them as it had the model making aspect to it. By this point I was allowed to use the scalpels and craft knives alone without supervision so I got real heavily in to that. I collected a few armies over the time I collected. Part of me wants to go back in to the hobby but pricing it up I realised a starting setup would cost me approx £600 which I can't justify.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I had lots of Barbies who saved the world, but most of the boys had them, and we kind of mix and matched playing with all the plastic figures. Transformers regularly made appearances as well. And Power Rangers.