Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not even 10 threads in the last 7 days

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....FF-is-pathetic

Here's a thread from 8 years ago about why EoFF was awful and about to die.
    Nice.

I only just recently started checking the place out again, and indeed the traffic does seem to be pretty low. But at the same time, I get it. It's not the same that it used to be but that's life. Sometimes it's nice to have a hobby project or a place for friends to hang out online. (I didn't always feel this way, but a few years exclusively on the big social networks, and seeing how detrimental that is, has made me more appreciative of small communities online. I've run a small chat server at a loss for 3+ years now and every penny has been worth it compared to the "free" offerings on the big social sites).

That said, I'm still hopeful of being able to poach off some of you into Mastodon. But even if that never takes off, I'll just hang out there with a few fediverse peeps. Seems better to fizzle out as a small, independent, tight-knit community rather than get caught up in the sort of trout you see on Facebook/Twitter/etc.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It is what it is. I love how low key this place is. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to see a surge in activity, but there is something cozy and charming to me about things as they are. I'm riding the waves, man.

just need to reconvene all the bored atheists of the world in one place again

Articles
    Blog Entries

Random fact. My next birthday I'll be 36. I joined this forum when I was 18. So when my birthday rolls around I guess I have literally spent have my life here. I just

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Also:

Articles
    Blog Entries

I do legit miss when I first joined. This was at the time seeing video game sprites as avatars and signatures was so novel. There was just something oddly comforting seeing heavily pixelated SNES graphics on a CRT monitor. But I have come to terms long ago that it is one of the many things I get weirdly nostalgic for, and that's just the way things are.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    It helps that so many of us are connected in ways outside of the forum, that it EoFF finally does die, it won't feel like too much of a loss.
    I'm an EoFF exclusive, baby
    Don't worry, I'll keep you updated with texts.

"omg you wont believe what that jinx said on facespace!!!1"

WHAT WILL SHE SAY NEXT
    apparently talking to nobody what a crazy chick

Despite being super busy these days I will try to help keep this community alive. So many of my old hangouts are gone. While I never joined this forum before I've lurked here before and have known about this site for over a decade.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

This place has some life in it yet. Most of us members are older now and not able to be as active as we would like. Also I get maybe 45 mins of gaming in on a good day now due to how busy I am. I can say though this is the one place online where I feel I have made legit friendships and it’s the people of EoFF that keep it alive. I love all the members here!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

EoFF is like The Simpsons. Well past it's prime but still has plenty of people who care. And it will never end.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

It is not the end! This post made me sad, so i joined this site. I want to be part of the dying site. I feel like Noel, Caius and Yeul in their dying world. I think Reddit stole all of this site's traffic.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Welcome! I imagine that yes, reddit has stolen a bunch of traffic from all sorts of little fansites. One stop to get all your news.

Yeah. It's a shame because the individual sites are cool and unique. It makes me sad seeing all of your guys' dates for "Member Since" some are all the way back in 2001! That's crazy to me. You yourself joined in 05. Obviously you all have loved this site for a long time.