Thread: YouTube screen recordings problem (help needed as soon as possible)

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default YouTube screen recordings problem (help needed as soon as possible)

I have a YouTube channel, and some of the videos I have planned require me to use a screen recorder, but my recordings have been coming out slow and lagging, and I have no idea why this is or how to put them right. I am using OBS 32bit, and when I record I get a message saying that something is overloaded and to check something (I think), but I'm not sure what it says (I will check), and I have no idea if that is relevant to why my recordings are coming out like this. It may be a frame rate thing, but I don't know how to fix that.

I would deeply appreciate help on this subject before December, as there are some reaction videos I really want to have ready by then - I know that everyone does reaction videos, but I really want to do this, as it is on a subject that means something to me.

If I haven't explained my problem well, please say, and I will try to explain it better.

I don't think it's a problem I've had myself. Could you maybe upload one of the affected videos and let me see it?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTgpAxO1q88

Above is a link to a recording of part of a video I already uploaded (the original looked fine) that has been affected. If it pixelates, adjust the quality, as that is not the issue - it is just the lag I am having problems with.

The message I get after recording (that I mentioned earlier) is "Encoding overloaded! Consider turning down video settings or using a faster encoding preset."

Have you tried doing Window Capture, instead of Monitor Capture, when setting the source?

Sorry for the long delay. Been busy (and had some bouts of depression to deal with in my little down time).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

I tried that out, upon your suggestion - it didn't do anything, but it motivated me to look around more, and I found a link to the official site, and apparently this is a common problem. I played around with what they suggested, and well, it's still not completely fixed, but I am getting closer - the best videos are still out of synch, but they aren't stuttering as much, so I will keep trying, but appreciate any help coming my way.

Thanks for helping so far, and I hope you are feeling better now.