This is likely nigh-on a dead discussion much more probably better suited to some other header like maybe the Lounge, but I'm moved to drop it in a hurry so forgive me a lapse in better judgement.

I was thinking recently on modern definitions on long-accepted terminology. One of these being the difference between telekinesis and psychokinesis. I found one thread in which a single commenter contradicted himself in saying there is no difference except the prefix of one means "far" and the other means "mind". Well, excuse me but that's a monumental difference.

In modern terms, telekinesis is not only possible but is actually accomplished everyday. We use "telekinesis" to control rc cars, aerial drones, and unmanned aircraft. Telekinesis, despite the long-accepted "supernatural" implications, is really nothing special given its definition.

If people were inclined to be accurate, we would be using the term psychokinesis or psykinesis to describe the all-too-well-known superpower.

Enihu... aside from that, any other words come to mind as being unnecessarily inaccurate?