One Christmas I got a snes and FF II with it. At the time I also had a game genie. I inputted a code to have Dragoon do insane damage with his jump attack. I was warned that it is possible that using a genie could cause permanent damage to the game. I was cocky, I used the code. Everything was going smooth until one encounter where I used the jump attack. Dragoon jumped up but never came down. I reset the game and tried again. Same result. I tried returning it to the store where it was purchased, but they didn't have any copies left. Not knowing what to do, I decided to pull a swifty and mailed Square a scathing letter telling them what happened. I didn't tell them about using the genie. I told them how disappointed I was with this glitch and how unprofessional this was of them. I put the game in a box along with the letter and shipped it to them in the hopes of getting a new copy. I included my phone number so that they could contact me when they received it and examined it. About a few weeks later I received a call from Square. The guy on the phone said that he was sorry to hear about the trouble I was having. I was ready to just unload on him about how unprofessional it was of them, and how inconvenient it was for me as a customer having a defective title. As I was about to speak, he interrupted me and said: "I'll bet that you didn't think that we would know that you used a game genie on it. I'm sorry, we can't help you." I was speechless.