Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing FF Titles

Default Disappointing FF Titles

Has there ever been any FF that you got all pumped up for only to have part of the game completely take the wind out of your sails? For me it was XII. That licensing system really stuck in my craw. It's not that I'm being lazy,(I once stayed up all night playing FF II fighting pink puffs for the pink tail.) it was just the insane numbers needed to get licences for the weakest stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

III. The music, in general, was disappointing to me, after hearing so many people rave about it

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to General FF as it's more suited to this subforum

I would say XIII let me down the most. I had high hopes for it and really enjoyed the start of it, but by the end of it I was bored of it and played it just to beat it and be done with it. I had similar feelings with XII.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

See, XIII was actually my first choice, but then I realized I went into the game with zero expectations, so it's hard to say it disappointed me even though I consider it by far the worst FF

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to General FF as it's more suited to this subforum

I would say XIII let me down the most. I had high hopes for it and really enjoyed the start of it, but by the end of it I was bored of it and played it just to beat it and be done with it. I had similar feelings with XII.
    Thank you Psychotic. I wasn't too sure myself. I'll do my best to learn the mechanics of this forum.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Final Fantasy XIII was a major disappointment for me as I've already expressed numerous times on this forum. I didn't identify will all the key components of what is supposed to engage you with an RPG video game. The gameplay is the worst I've experienced. The crystarium system tricks you into thinking you've options, but you literally have no options. It's just an A to B. The battles themselves are a bit better, but when all you have to press is auto or whatever what's the point. The characters were ridiculous (Hope ), & the story was confusing (right off the bat we are supposed to know what a fal'cie is), boring, and made little sense (a guy in a wedding dress wants to kill me, why?). I understand some JRPG's are linear and I loved FFX but they didn't bother to flesh out any of the 'world' that was FFXIII. It was just one endless corridor after another, so bereft of life and and devoid of elements that I feel are necessary to immerse you into a different world.

I mean there are other things I could waffle on about this game but let's just say I won't be picking it up again any time soon.

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post

I know that I had a real hard time credit farming. Tough to rack up the cash in that title I found.

For me, it was FFVIII. I had high hopes for it because it's one of the last ones I played, and well... The story is okay and has good moments, but I'm not fond the of the cast and of the Junction system either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva95 View Post
    For me, it was FFVIII. I had high hopes for it because it's one of the last ones I played, and well... The story is okay and has good moments, but I'm not fond the of the cast and of the Junction system either.
    Hi Shiva95. Nice to meet you. I agree with you on the junction system. You gotta love the triple triad though. I loved it. Helluva lot better than that tetra master in IX. That was just appalling. Whoever created that card game should be incarcerated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But Tetra Master was way more fun!

Also, Junction was awesome. I enjoyed it way better than VII's materia.

Final Fantasy IX... i was really hyped for it before it released... then i played it, first all the anthros were an awful design choice, traveling the rooftops with a rat, talking hippos, what is this Nick Jr.?.. the companions were pretty bad too, Freya (the chickenrat), Quinna (an insult to gay and trans people), Garnet's dumb as a brick (doesn't know what a dagger is, chooses it for her code name)... then the combat, Trance was completely useless and Magic Stones artificially limit your character development add to that the so slow combat and you got a mess... i'll admit i never got Amarant, the system just annoys me too much and i always quit by that point...

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    III. The music, in general, was disappointing to me, after hearing so many people rave about it
    Yeah, especially when Rosa had to sing opera. lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, VI is fantastic with probably the best OST in the main series.. I meant the actual III.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    No, VI is fantastic with probably the best OST in the main series.. I meant the actual III.
    III was for the snes right?