Thread: Square-Enix Announces World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moomba Square-Enix Announces World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo.

If you're like a resident forum owner BoB, you loved World of Final Fantasy, and probably wanted more and on the go. Well SE has answered BoB's prayers and they have announced a sequel called World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo for smartphones.

In the land of Valgallan, the world is split into five lands based around the elements of fire, ice, wood, light, and darkness. Held together by the Holy Crystal of Baron, the current ruler, King Cecil was getting ready to celebrate the kingdom's 1000 year anniversary before he was engulfed in darkness. That's when you the player gets summoned into the world to help write all those wrongs and collect wonderful Mirages you wear as hats.

Less of a traditional RPG, this game is focused more on raising your various Mirages and building teams with good synergy. The stacking mechanic of the original seems to be reserved for special attacks. You collect Mirages and then raise them in the Garden Dome using resources you acquire on your adventure. Then you build teams and have them battle across the land in story mode. Course you can still collect and summon famous Final Fantasy heroes as super attacks as well. Here's the trailer:

ugh... more mobile phone games...

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn’t mind a world of final fantasy sequel on switch, but I’ll pass since it is for phones. I just don’t enjoy playing on a touch screen.