WHAT EVEN IS A CISSNEI

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know if I envy your blissful ignorance, or feel sad for your crushed childhood dreams

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    WHAT EVEN IS A CISSNEI
    a cisgendered snei
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    WHAT EVEN IS A CISSNEI

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

That quote is still pretty vague though, doesn't rule in or rule out anything!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    So far nothing really important. I wonder if they're going to make Midgar fully explorable this time. Maybe make it into its own hub world, hopefully they at least pull it off better than Naughty Dog did with the Jak games.

They did say they plan to integrate he compilation canon into the remake though soooooo
    Wait really? When did they say that?
    https://gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fa...n-changes-more

Compilation of Final Fantasy VII: “If there are any areas [from The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII] where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing,” Kitase said. “But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren’t as famous won’t appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.”
    Read more at https://gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fa...CtbUMl5133J.99
    So yeah, strap in for some Genesis, y'all! Also, probably some DLC with the Goddess Minerva creation myth or something
    Welp looks like they had a change of heart.

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/new...-ffvii-remake/

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/27...G6w85uFoObv.99

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/94798...go-with-story/

If we make a compilation, these games will hardly have an overall coherence.
    And it only took them over a decade to realize that. Shame since I was really looking forward to seeing Gackt forced into everything everywhere again while constantly beating us over the head with pretentious, masturbatory drivel about soldiers and honor.

Shame since I was really looking forward to seeing Gackt forced into everything everywhere again while constantly beating us over the head with pretentious, masturbatory drivel about soldiers and honor.
    Zack did that too though. In fact that was 97 per cent of the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

And it only took them over a decade to realize that. Shame since I was really looking forward to seeing Gackt forced into everything everywhere again while constantly beating us over the head with pretentious, masturbatory drivel about soldiers and honor.
    Except all that refers to the possibility of doing an HD collection of all the other compilation titles, and not the presence of the compilation canon in the remake. The title in the first link is misleading because Nomura never states that outright. He does mention, however, that FFVII will be different than what it was before. He says there is no continuity "for the moment", and you know how Nomura is when it comes to sticking to his statements (*cough Les Mis-style FFXV musical cough*). It's also worth pointing out that this is a translation of a translation, and that it's not really a change of heart so much as Nomura hinting at something else than Nojima.

Whatever the case will be, however, remains a mystery until we get the game. I am 100% certain that the story will be very different than the original. This may turn out to be for the best if they actually address the insane issues the game has after the mid point. It might as well be a disaster if they do actaully go the compilation route. Only time will tell, though.

Except all that refers to the possibility of doing an HD collection of all the other compilation titles, and not the presence of the compilation canon in the remake. The title in the first link is misleading because Nomura never states that outright. He does mention, however, that FFVII will be different than what it was before. He says there is no continuity "for the moment", and you know how Nomura is when it comes to sticking to his statements (*cough Les Mis-style FFXV musical cough*). It's also worth pointing out that this is a translation of a translation, and that it's not really a change of heart so much as Nomura hinting at something else than Nojima.

Whatever the case will be, however, remains a mystery until we get the game. I am 100% certain that the story will be very different than the original. This may turn out to be for the best if they actually address the insane issues the game has after the mid point. It might as well be a disaster if they do actaully go the compilation route. Only time will tell, though.
    But they just said it was because of the presence of the compilation canon in the remake, or lack thereof, and they cited coherency as the key issue. Now I know that sounds pretty rich coming from the "genius" behind Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts, but since they confirmed they'll be changing the story they shouldn't have any issues connecting the remake to the compilation, or at the very least a much easier time than connecting the compilation with the original PS1 game, so coherency should be the last of their worries here especially given their track record for the last decade. Which could be a sign that things are starting to improve and they're putting some actual thought and effort into their storytelling as opposed to relying entirely on nostalgia and brand recognition. Of course it's more than likely wishful thinking on my part, and I'm just setting myself up for disappointment, but a part of me honestly believes they have a chance to not smurf up this time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've pretty much just given up on hoping they'd leave the Compilation out of it. Really, the only thing I want from the remake that I think is likely, considering the game is divided into parts, is that they'll actually improve the general writing of the parts that used to be on the second disc. Not a lot of story really needs to be changed - even just a couple lines justifying the party's reasoning for all the bulltrout there could do wonders to make the whole game feel more cohesive. Yes, even if there is a Genesis in this game. And a Cissnei. And a- okay, maybe not a Minerva.

I'm with Fynn. I'm positive they're going to shove the Compilation stuff in there, and the game's story will be the worse for it.

I would look forward to some minor writing improvements, but I wouldn't trust Square to make them.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

/SE'd

Kitase is considering making the Squall=Dead theory come true for the FF8 remake (if/when that ever happens) because social media. It's more popular than R=U. He probably have so many things planned to change. He or SE already done that in the past anyway.

No ty I rather stick with the Originals. And I shall won't be dictated. I feel sorry for the new players though but I believe the Remakes are just there for nostalgic playing and more sales.

I really wish they'd delay the game and make it in one part. Imagine how great it would be if this game came out and completely nailed it. Has every quest available from the original, fully explorable world map, completely to scale.

Story mode complete from day one. If there's moderate problems with the game when they release part one, critics will rip it apart, it could pit a damper on the hype for part two, nvm just waiting 2 years for part two is a bummer in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenr View Post
    I really wish they'd delay the game and make it in one part. Imagine how great it would be if this game came out and completely nailed it. Has every quest available from the original, fully explorable world map, completely to scale.

Story mode complete from day one. If there's moderate problems with the game when they release part one, critics will rip it apart, it could pit a damper on the hype for part two, nvm just waiting 2 years for part two is a bummer in itself.
    That would cost too much. And as indicated by FFXV, Square has really been slipping up with handling big games in development hell.

At least there's the PC and PS4 ports