Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A leak

Default A leak

This is just a leak from 4chan but many former leaks have turned out to be true. Not my words. Take with grain of salt.

""""

Seems like a good thread for me to leak trout on the low. Don't expect FF7R at PSX, the next big showing is already decided to happen after KH3 is released though Kitase and Nomura are trying to convince the higher ups to let them do a KH3+FF7R event at E3 but it doesn't seem like they'll give the ok, they want to market it when it will be closer to release.

FF7R right now is in no shape to be shown in real time because a lot of gameplay aspects are not yet set in stone (will explain below). Lot of trout is going on right now, the development was stalled for a few months after CC2 was fired. It's not in "dev hell" or anything and it is actually progressing nicely. Problem is that CC2 did a troutty job on many parts and we have to reevaluate the entire project, see what we should keep and what we should rebuild from scratch which smurfed our schedule a bit and we missed some deadlines. We restarted development in September after hiring new staff and pulling some seniors from Division 2.

do you know anything else on PSX or only FF7R stuff? When will they reveal Tifa if it's the latter?

All the character designs including Tifa have been finalized. There is no plan to reveal characters in specific order. The only character the team is thinking of definitely revealing at the next showing is Aerith.

Tifa's tits have been slightly nerfed though.

>Tifa's tits have been slightly nerfed though.
    This will cause troutstorms.

How far into the story will part 1 be? End of Midgar?

The final boss of the first game is Jenova birth. That's where part 1 ends.

what's the timeframe for kh3 then, if we have to wait until thats out?

KH3 is set for the end of 2018, no specific date as they don't know when they will be ready. Some of our senior battle planners are working on both 7R and KH3, i heard it's progressing pretty well and they haven't missed any deadlines so far.

I don't know much more about kh3, not a lot of communication going on about it in the office.

Last post and i am out.

For the world map we're working on something similar to XII, not as many loading screens. Areas are split into zones but we're trying to make each zone as big and seamless as possible.

To get into cities you will also have to go through a loading sceen but the cities will be completely seamless or at least that's the plan. Making Midgar completely seamless has been pretty smurfing hard because it's way bigger than it was in the original game. Splitting the city up with loading screens is still possibility if we fail but Nomura is pretty stubborn about this.""""

Now this could be garbage for all we know but many FF leaks on 4chan have come true. I wouldn't doubt it right away. This could be true
    Last edited by Squall Leonhart Loire; 11-25-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    ღმერთის შვილი შეეხო და მითხრა, რომ ანგელოზთა ფეხები მომეხია.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

How many former leaks have turned out to be true? 90% 50% 20% 1%?

Even if it's true, it tells us almost nothing anyway.
    Last edited by charliepanayi; 11-26-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'd be surprised if they ended it at Jenova Birth, that's not really a natural stopping point, I think they should end it with Motorball and cut it short there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, that would be cool, since we'd be looking at 2-3 parts instead of - God forbid - 7, but I kinda doubt it. Then again, I am dead certain they won't end the first episode with Aerith's dead since if they're paying money to create that Aerith model then, God dammit, they will use it for as many games as they can.

Articles

With that you gotta ask two questions: Will there be an Aerith revival quest and will it be separate DLC?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, they've already jumped the shark with the introduction of Genesis and the goddess Minerva, so I don't give a crap if they add a Mukki romance option, let alone an Aerith revival quest.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I mean, they've already jumped the shark with the introduction of Genesis and the goddess Minerva
    Wait they're doing what now

Articles

Oh okay thank god I thought you meant they'd said that trout was in the remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

They did say they plan to integrate he compilation canon into the remake though soooooo

So far nothing really important. I wonder if they're going to make Midgar fully explorable this time. Maybe make it into its own hub world, hopefully they at least pull it off better than Naughty Dog did with the Jak games.

They did say they plan to integrate he compilation canon into the remake though soooooo
    Wait really? When did they say that?

Play Crisis Core

or don't

Voting on the "don't " answer unless you can handle obnoxious characters and/or have the tolerance of a saint and you love repetitive missions and gambling LV UP like systems.

I mean.... Genesis !.... What a amazing character that wasn't annoying at all ! / S

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    So far nothing really important. I wonder if they're going to make Midgar fully explorable this time. Maybe make it into its own hub world, hopefully they at least pull it off better than Naughty Dog did with the Jak games.

Wait really? When did they say that?
    https://gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fa...n-changes-more

Compilation of Final Fantasy VII: “If there are any areas [from The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII] where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing,” Kitase said. “But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren’t as famous won’t appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.”
    Read more at https://gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fa...CtbUMl5133J.99
    So yeah, strap in for some Genesis, y'all! Also, probably some DLC with the Goddess Minerva creation myth or something

Articles

Fynn you're lucky I don't believe in shooting the messenger because otherwise I'd be burying your bullet-riddled corpse in a shallow grave right about now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm surprised you all missed this before!

Also, calling it - Cissnei will show up either instead of or along with Elena.