Thread: Kawazu has confirmed that Romancing SaGa 2 is heading to the West for Console

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cool Kawazu has confirmed that Romancing SaGa 2 is heading to the West for Console

Akitoshi Kawazu, best known as the creative mind behind Final Fantasy II, Live A Live, and the quirky SaGa franchise has been trying to do a lot for the last series since the series is celebrating it's 25th anniversary. Last year, they released Romancing SaGa 2 for mobile and Japan got it for the Vita as well. Kawazu promised the West would see the Vita version, but it has been a whole year and no news until now.

Kawazu tweeted that Romancing SaGa 2 will be out in the West next month for the Vita and "other consoles". What these other consoles are is not specified but good news for game starved Western Vita owners.

Romancing SaGa 2 is a generational story where the player plays as the ruler of Avalon. The world was saved ages ago by the Seven Heroes who all vanished after the great battle, but now darkness is threatening the kingdom once again as it plagues the dynastic line of kings and queens of Avalon.

For those who don't want to wait to check this game out, it's available already on mobile.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

SMURFING FINALLY

I hope it gts a cart release. Not a fan of digital only

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sounds intriguing. I loved the old FF Legend series on Game Boy. I wish the remake of FFL2 actually made it to us though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly wish SE could just make a collection of the series. I'm not even asking for a remaster or a disc, just release all the 16-bit/Game Boy entries as a collection on the Virtual shops and let fans play it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I heard RS3 is also coming to the Vita in Japan. I was honestly hoping the delay was due to the fact that they were going to bundle them together here. Alas, no such luck.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The game has been confirmed to be coming out on December 15th of this month for all modern systems (PS4, XBO, and Switch) and PC. Here's a trailer showing of the gameplay and detailing the new features.

On the plus side, 2 is probably the most well regarded title in the series, so at least they aren't giving us something like Unlimited SaGa remastered.

EDIT: Didn't notice the PC release; looks like I shall be Romancing more SaGas in the future. >: 3