Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Infinity War

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I just draw the line at applause! Unless the film in question is My Neighbour Totoro.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

I don't remember precisely when, but most of the audience in my viewing did clap at one point. I didn't. I was drinking a pepsi. But there was plenty of laughter. At one point, something unexpected happened and I think I remember a faint voice saying "boo" or maybe "no". I want to see the movie again.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Clapping at the end of the film is fine, even if a little odd. Clapping during a film is just not something I agree with. Yes, you're supposed to react with laughter/gasps, and even the odd "awww" but these can be kind of hushed into murmurs. Even the odd "omg" is great, so long as it's a hushed thing. I just think you can react without trying to increase the noise you are making in order to minimise the impact on others.

This reminds me of that Black Panther Twitter escapade.

Of course, I'd have easily taken a clapper over the bloody asshole I suffered a few seats away from throughout this film, talking throughout the movie as if he were sitting at a café with his mate the entire time, saying stuff like what he thought was going to happen, or, when Thanos approaches kid Gamora in the distance (a silhouette at this point) in the Soul World place, says "That's Gamora" before she is revealed... urgh, like, I knew it was, but I hate that there is someone talking like that through a film. This is why I rarely watch films on release weekend. I love it when you're in a near-empty cinema.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Cattleya Paphia (Sargatanas)

Yeah, reacting is fine, just don't be obnoxious about it. I'm there to enjoy the movie, not the outbursts of the guy next to me

Anyway, when I saw it none of the other viewers bothered me, so that's nice.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I find clapping at movies only slightly less ridiculous than clapping when an airplane lands.

Saw this tonight. It was... certainly different! I didn't dislike it but... yeah xD

WHAT I EXPECTED: Captain America: Civil War (But bigger and in space)
    WHAT I GOT: A strong desire to hug something

Blog Entries

I was pleasantly surprised by the movie's turnout. I was growing tired of the same old pattern of the heroes winning without actually effective stakes. And I mean, while I know a good majority of damage control will be done in Part 2 (it'll HAVE to be if they want the next cluster of Marvel movies to come out), I left feeling fueled by the sadness of my sister and the lady that was sitting in front of us.

... I'm not very kind to the cast. But I do want to hug Rocket. Poor guy. :/

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I can take or leave the clapping and cheering. I don't do it but I kind of like the unity of everyone enjoying the movie together and rallying behind their favorite characters.

The thing that gets me is when people bellow over laughing at a joke that was in a trailer. You know they've seen it 100 times because you've seen it 100 times.

I really enjoyed the movie, but I'll feel cheated out of my sadness if the (SPOILER)time stone can just save everyone that died.

I'm pretty sure everyone who died in the opening will stay dead, and maybe Gamora? There's a theory or two floating around.

Knowing what Marvel movies are coming out in the future let's you know certain people will return. But I honestly think it would be bold of them to just have a Game of Thrones moment. Have the next Black Panther movie see a new Wakandan take the role, have Rocket and Nebula lead a new team of Guardians. It's not gonna happen, but I'd respect the bold move.

There's plenty of loss to be had in the second movie, I'm sure, but I think everyone who vanished into dust is "safe".

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Why doesn't Thanos, the largest of the cast, simply eat the smaller avengers?

Me and Formy saw it today. In my opinion, it was good, but not great. A lot of flash, not all that much substance. Enjoyable for what it was, though. 7/10

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

If you were to go about watching the previous 18 movies in preparation for this movie, how would you go about it?

Assuming you didn't buy all these dvds over the years, would you just rent each one for 3 dollars a piece? That adds up.

Trying to find the best way to enjoy the whole universe without breaking the bank.

I saw most of the movies when they came out, so I didn't feel like there was anything I was in the dark about when I saw Infinity War, but there are still a few I haven't seen.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It depends on how ethical you want to be about it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Alright, the question in my post but assuming you want to be ethical about it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

My best guess in that case would be to watch them on TV if possible, and if not, then either download films if they are legally available at a decent price or buy the DVDs second hand from eBay etc. or local stores.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know I’ve seen some of them still on Netflix, but I don’t know if they are still there