Thread: New Active Time Report details several upcoming updates and content for FFXV.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo New Active Time Report details several upcoming updates and content for FFXV.

Square-Enix and Tabata held another Active Time Report to detail some cool info coming out next month regarding Episode Ignis and a new Patch in the works. Afterwards, he began discussing plans for 2018 concerning the title and revealed a new DLC Episode in the works for next year. Thanks to Siliconera for the info.

So to start off in regards to Episode Ignis:

• The playtime should be roughly two hours according to the devs. It will have the most story volume of all the DLC so far.
    • There is an alternate route that unlocks when you complete it the first time, and this alternate route involves a new challenging boss fight.
    • This route will actually give you an alternate ending for the scenario.
    • You get to fight Noctis in this DLC as well.

Here's a video showing off the first five minutes of the DLC.

Next up, concerning a major feature being added in a new patch, you'll finally be able to switch between party members starting next month.

Finally, concerning plans for next year and beyond.. Tabata has announced that the next DLC will be Episode Ardyn and this episode will do more to expand the lore of the world. It does not have a release date yet, and Tabata has mentioned that while he would like to get three more DLC Episodes finished for next year, he wants them to be strong pieces and won't release them before they are done, so some of the DLC will likely be released in 2019 or later depending on how things go. His main focus for these DLCs is for them to be "win back the crowd" kind of deals in hopes of bringing back fans who stopped playing the game.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I just beat the main game and am excited to get the season pass this weekend.

Do you think they'd make a 2018 season pass for new content? I wouldn't think so, but playing 3 dlc stories, plus potentially 3 more next year plus the multiplayer content (and who knows what else in the future) sounds like a pretty good steal for $25.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm personally waiting for all the extra content to come out before replaying it. Played through the vanilla version last year and generally pleased with what I got, but with all the patches and extra story events, I imagine a second playthrough will be a very different experience. Probably similar to playing The Zodiac Age has been for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    that feel when no ps4
    They're porting it to PC. I'm hoping that might spark some more commentary in this forum when it does.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

LWL they've said they're thinking about doing a 2nd season pass for Episode Ardyn (and presumably Episode Lunafreya etc).

Not sure how I feel about it, to be honest.