Thread: Soul Calibur 6

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Default Soul Calibur 6

As many complaints as I have against Tekken 7 (and there are several), the core game play is the best it's been in a while for me.

So if they can make the new Soul Calibur as good game play wise, I'm pretty interested.

It caught a squee from my girlfriend. I've played and owned every Soul * game since the PS1 release, and I gave up on them after the last two flops, and this has even me cautiously optimistic and interested. Especially since last I heard, they were languishing in development purgatory due to how sexualized or not the team wanted to make the characters. Looks like they're going back to their roots. Sophitia's back and Mitsurugi doesn't look like he's in his 70s

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

There's an interview and gameplay video out as well. If they can live up to their dream, and return the series to what it was in earlier entries, I will be so happy. This is one of the games my dad and I used to play to hang out, and I miss it greatly. Will be nice to have new one. That it's coming to the PC is also interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUUS-Smwc40&t=8s

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Please be more like Soul Calibur II or III in terms of single player content and less like IV and V.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still believe SCII had the best single player of any fighting game I've ever played and the most effective tutorial in the form of weapon master mode as well. If this is more like that I'll buy it without a doubt.

I loved Chronicle of the Sword, but I'd be happy with the branching paths and character interactions, even interactive cut-scenes. And cheese. Not particularly interested in the challenge stuff, but I'd take the way it was done in the first 3 games over anything IV had to offer with that damn tower thing. And I can't even remember what V had in that regard

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Put me down. Last SC I bought was SC2 and I don't know why but I never invested into the series even though I enjoyed it a lot. My characters were Ivy, Kilik, & Yoshimitsu.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Kilik? Bah! Original staff user 4 lyfe!

I main Seung Mina (Or Seong Mi-Na, they change it up), and Lizard Man.

It's funny how many people like SC2 the most. It's also my favorite.

I think it's probably the most refined. I just prefer 3 because it had the most content. There were like 8 fighting styles that were not clones of the main cast, there was a massive side story that had nothing to do with the game, you can make your own characters, and unlock dozens of special characters, and almost the entire history of the game's characters, plus new characters to the series. But it didn't have Spawn or Link. And I think 2 was a lot more focused on the gameplay. The Dreamcast game set the groundwork and was a masterpiece for its time, 2 probably perfected the formula. 3 had so much stuff they lost a little in technical prowess. So it's not a great choice for something like a professional tournament, but still great for some living room craziness. I believe 2 is the preferred tournament version. Too bad they lost all that momentum in IV

I've heard plenty of rumors of a Switch release, but haven't seen any sign myself. Curious to see whether it'll happen and if Link will come back.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.