Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: So Marvel got the Film rights back for X-Men and Fantastic Four...

  1. #1
    Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    Posts
    16,540
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    16
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    :monster: So Marvel got the Film rights back for X-Men and Fantastic Four...

    I'm really surprised no one has made a thread about this yet. Disney bought Fox's Film Rights, which means Marvel now owns X-Men and Fantastic Four, meaning we may finally get a decent X-Men movie and Doctor Doom can finally appear in Avengers. As a bonus, Anastasia can now technically be made into a Disney Princess.

  2. #2
    The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,895

    Default

    I'm not sure it's a good thing for one company to own everything.

    Also, we already have three or four good X-Men films!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

  3. #3
    Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    Posts
    16,540
    Articles
    54
    Blog Entries
    16
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    I'm not sure it's a good thing for one company to own everything.

    Also, we already have three or four good X-Men films!
    More like two and even then, they kind of feel blah nowadays compared to some other comic book films. Frankly most of the X-Men films fail to capture what makes the series so compelling for me.

  4. #4
    Wakanda Forever Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Warrior Falls
    Posts
    5,833
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    Wait a minute this trout is official? I thought it was a rumor.

  5. #5
    Eternally Lost Chibi Youkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Over that way ->
    Posts
    1,674

    FFXIV Character

    Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

    Default

    I think it still has to be approved by all the governmental bodies, but it has been officially announced as happening. They've even agreed to a breakup price if the government shoots it down.

  6. #6
    Wakanda Forever Depression Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Warrior Falls
    Posts
    5,833
    Articles
    45
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

    Default

    So they not only got the rights back to the movies they bought Fox? Like the movie studio, tv channels, and their news company? That's insane!

  7. #7
    Feel the Bern Del Murder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Oakland, California
    Posts
    40,797
    Articles
    6
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    So they not only got the rights back to the movies they bought Fox? Like the movie studio, tv channels, and their news company? That's insane!
    They would get the movie studio and some of the cable channels like FX but not the main Fox broadcast channel or Fox News. Fox News is Murdoch's baby, I don't think he would sell it.

    Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

  8. #8
    Newbie Administrator Loony BoB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Edinbugger
    Posts
    51,514
    Articles
    53
    Blog Entries
    19

    FFXIV Character

    Loony Bob (Sargatanas)

    Default

    It's weird. In this modern day I'm seeing less of an advantage to competition and more of a hassle. Sky Sports and BT Sports (and potentially more in the near future) broadcast the Premier League and that means if I want to see all of my team's games, I have to spend craploads to both options. The solution? I pirate. smurf 'em. There's even a stipulation in the way they sell the games that one broadcaster can't have 'em all. It's frustrating. I don't want competition anymore. Competition means if I want to watch everything and anything, I can no longer get it all on one deal. I have to spend twice as much (or more) to get what I had before. Games? I mean that hasn't changed much but I loved that generation where Sony PS2 owned the world, because it meant I didn't have to worry about all the different consoles either.

    Bring on the monopoly, I say. I want more bang for my one purchase, not having to pay two or more times.

    The way of the world, though, really. I'm a greedy bastard.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

  9. #9
    Markusdot Markus. D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,630

    FFXIV Character

    Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

    Default

    Now even less chance to see TV MCU Quake alongside the big cinema MCU. Honestly the worst news.

  10. #10
    Wildökarudo Mercen-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vacaville
    Posts
    8,541
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    What would have possibly increased that likelihood?
    Not everyone watches Doctor Who... in fact, some people outright hate it... and you.

    Samurai 7 Live-Action
    Chow Yun Fat as Kambei, Ken Leung as Shichirouji, Mario Lopez as Heihachi,
    Russell Wong as Kyuzo, Dwayne Johnson as Gorobei, Dante Basco as Katsushiro


    --Matthew Arnold--
    Wandering between two worlds, one dead,
    The other powerless to be born,
    With nowhere yet to rest my head,
    Like these, on earth, I wait forlorn.


    Hey, ladies, single and lookin'!

  11. #11
    Skyblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Earth, approximately
    Posts
    10,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    It's weird. In this modern day I'm seeing less of an advantage to competition and more of a hassle. Sky Sports and BT Sports (and potentially more in the near future) broadcast the Premier League and that means if I want to see all of my team's games, I have to spend craploads to both options. The solution? I pirate. smurf 'em. There's even a stipulation in the way they sell the games that one broadcaster can't have 'em all. It's frustrating. I don't want competition anymore. Competition means if I want to watch everything and anything, I can no longer get it all on one deal. I have to spend twice as much (or more) to get what I had before. Games? I mean that hasn't changed much but I loved that generation where Sony PS2 owned the world, because it meant I didn't have to worry about all the different consoles either.

    Bring on the monopoly, I say. I want more bang for my one purchase, not having to pay two or more times.

    The way of the world, though, really. I'm a greedy bastard.
    It's a very interesting paradox.

    In the information age, the conglomeration of information is itself a pro-consumer thing. Having everything in one place is handy, it's powerful.

    Yet, this leads to monopolies, which are, historically, terrible. And will continue to be so.

    It may even be worse in this age, with the major companies starting to not just stifle innovation and competition, but free speech and expression as well.

    Everyone wants to have all their movies and TV shows on Netflix so they can get it all for one low price. But once you can't get them anywhere else, what will keep the price down? Nothing. Incremental charges, more and more, until you're paying for everything and getting nothing. Cable cutters flee the broadcasters and cable companies where this has already happened.

    What's next after the internet goes the same way?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

    He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •