Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: Chase off these churls!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: Chase off these churls!

With the console release of Dissidia NT next month, Square-Enix shared several trailers at Jump Festa to get fans excited. There will be more character trailers coming, but for now the ones released deal with the original Eleven Heroes of the first Dissidia entry. For some interesting story tidbits:

• The game is a sequel to the original Dissidia entries, as Cosmos is named dropped in the Jump Festa Trailers and the heroes spend their time talking about how this event feels differently than the last one.
    • The actual dynamics of why everyone is there is not necessarily as clean cut as the original games. Character trailers reveal heroes working alongside some of the villains. Also, like Dissidia, it seems the villains have a clearer understanding of what's going on than the heroes.
    • The story seems to center around why the whole conflict, including the original games, occurred, and seems to be based on the characters memories maintaining the world.
    • It appears that like the original, the heroes are going to break up into small groups in the main story. Group One is Warrior of Light, Cecil, and Noctis; Group Two is Firion, Tidus, and Shantatto; Group Three is Onion Knight, Vaan, and Y'shtola; Group Four is Bartz and Cloud; and Group Five is Terra, Squall, Zidane, and Lightning. No word on Kain's placement, or if Ramza and Ace will actually be part of the story or not.

Here are the character Trailers, though they are in Japanese:

Warrior of Light

Firion

Onion Knight

Cecil

Bartz

Terra

Cloud

Squall

Zidane

Tidus

Shantatto

Here is the Jump Festa Trailer IN ENGLISH!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo Dissidia NT will have an Open Beta next month.

While Japan will be getting the Beta this month, North America and Europe will be getting one in January from the 12 to the 21st. Here's what you'll be able to do in it:

Class Match
    There are two modes in Class Match, Solo and Party Matches. Solo allows you to do team vs team battles against other players, while Party lets you team up with a friend apparently to battle other players.

Rush Battle
    This is kind of like an CPU Vs. mode, players will be able to battle the computer with their preferred teams in 3v3 battles.

Customize Mode
    Customize character costumes, EX Skills, Player Icons, Character poses, and BGM that you unlock in the Beta.

Story Mode
    Yes, there is a story mode, that lets you play through character memories of the events of the game. Your Player Level will unlock additional Memoria moments for the characters. While the article is incredibly vague on how to raise the Pl.Lv. it's highly likely to involve playing the other modes.

Treasure
    Completing a preset requirement for each mode (barring Customize obviously) will unlock a treasure you can acquire and likely use in the main game. The system is kind of like a lootbox apparently, though it's largely cosmetic in design with prizes being character skins, player icons, and different poses.

For the full report, read here.

For the music enthusiast, the game's soundtrack is slated to be released at the end of February and will be on a Blue Ray disc which will feature videos, Original Songs from the Dissidia OST, Arranged FF Tracks used in the game, and remastered tracks from the Arcade game itself. The Blue-Ray also contains MP3 that can be downloaded on compatible PCs.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

SE has released the character trailers for Vaan and Lightning.

Vaan

and

Lightning

This leaves XIV and XV's representatives for the heroes, as well as Ace and Ramza depending on if they serve a role in the story.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And now XIV's representative.

Y'shtola

That leaves Noctis and the two non-numbered characters for the heroes; and all the villains.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally Noctis get's his video.

Noctis

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looks like one more video barring some English ones I expect later.

Everybody Else Trailer

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Open beta is out today. Check it out!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am downloading just now!

Articles

Fun enough and glad to play as my boy Ramza B, though the 3 vs 3 battle style is really chaotic and hard to know what the smurf you're even doing or who you're fighting half the time. It's very easy to end up getting twatted by someone you didn't know was there and it's also common to find yourself miles away from the action. Maybe I'll grow into the rhythms of the game as I play more though.

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

TeamNinja made the best martial arts fighting game, and the finest samurai game I've ever played, so my expectations for NT are through the roof. There's a definitive barrier to entry and Teamwork is astoundingly important. I'm not sure how I feel about the 3v3 being our 'main' (and only, in beta) mode, but I had some fun.

Controls are crap for my muscle memory though, I absolutely hate we can't assign Brave to O and X to jump.
    For better or worse, to be a fan of Final Fantasy is to witness history in the making.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I started downloading it last night, but with my slow ass connection it's probably still downloading. I'll check it out tonight after work. Happy to hear Ramza is available since he's the only new character I'm interested in.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I started downloading it last night, but with my slow ass connection it's probably still downloading. I'll check it out tonight after work. Happy to hear Ramza is available since he's the only new character I'm interested in.
    He's one of my favourites to play as, along with Y'shtola and Jecht. Pretty random choices but there we are!

I had a couple of online games. Matchmaking is slow for something with just six players needed. I get that it's a beta but I get the impression it's the MM system itself rather than lack of players.

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

It's really fun though, no questions asked, but...

While I stand by my previous statement, I am so very conflicted with these series. Love/hate kind of relationship.
    I don't consider the games bad or anything, I just have way too high expectations. After playing KoF, Blazblue and TeamNinja's Dead or Alive a lot, Dissidia, especially NT, does things I didn't expect to ever play, much less to like. I just feel the fighting engine they made from the getgo, is a bit too limited to properly represent all of our characters properly.

Firion plays nothing like I'd expect him to after playing FFII, Cecil is just plain weird, and Bartz' mime gimmick only kinda workrs. And it really bothers me that the only FFIII protag we got in the west, Luneth, doesn't actually show up in a proper fashion. Granted, the Warrior of Light in FFI didn't have any options other than Attack or use White Magic, but he's the FF Archetype so with the shield mechanics, he gets a pass.

I'm just saying, this looks so based on Advent Children, (which I like) that when they try hard to adapt the classically medieval characters to Cloud/Lightning/Noctis feats, it's starting to feel forced.

Not that they have much of a choice. Still a good game, I just expect 'even better' from Square and the guys who made Dead or Alive and Nioh.
    For better or worse, to be a fan of Final Fantasy is to witness history in the making.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Wolf, you accidentally put two iis in the title.

Also I was wondering if anyone would like to play with me in the Beta? I need some help getting good. I lost almost all of my matches last night. I won't be on until tonight.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Wolf, you accidentally put two iis in the title.
    So even the great Wolf Kanno can make mistakes. Don't worry Wolfy, your old pal Psychotic has your back and fixed the spelling error which you definitely made.