Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT: Chase off these churls!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Wolf, you accidentally put two iis in the title.
    So even the great Wolf Kanno can make mistakes. Don't worry Wolfy, your old pal Psychotic has your back and fixed the spelling error which you definitely made.
    You and I both know that I do this all the time. Except when I was on staff and could edit my titles.

Sadly, I've only been able to download the tutorial for this. I couldn't play any other modes. Also, Team Ninja and Squenix need to stop assuming we're playing these games in movie theaters or sitting on top our TVs cause the font in this game is criminally tiny. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out tomorrow.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Looks like the character roster is due to change: http://dissidia.community/calendar/e...-nt-open-beta/

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    So even the great Wolf Kanno can make mistakes. Don't worry Wolfy, your old pal Psychotic has your back and fixed the spelling error which you definitely made.
    You and I both know that I do this all the time. Except when I was on staff and could edit my titles.

Sadly, I've only been able to download the tutorial for this. I couldn't play any other modes. Also, Team Ninja and Squenix need to stop assuming we're playing these games in movie theaters or sitting on top our TVs cause the font in this game is criminally tiny. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out tomorrow.
    How did it only download the tutorial and not the rest of the modes? You might want to uninstall and reinstall it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

How did it only download the tutorial and not the rest of the modes? You might want to uninstall and reinstall it.
    No, it was still downloading when I tried to play and that's how far it had gotten. Kind of the whole moot issue with "play while you install" mechanic this system has. As I said, my broadband sucks in my area so these GB downloads are murder for me.

Articles

Yeah most PS4 games these days have a basic mode available when about half the download is complete, usually the first level or a tutorial. I was able to complete all the tutorials while the rest of it was downloading.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally got to try it out tonight. For the most part, I'm not impressed. Perhaps it's because the characters are low level and I haven't had a chance to unlock more skills and abilities for people, but combat feels very slow and sluggish compared to the originals and the lock on button doesn't work as lightning click as it should for a team battle. Of anything, it kind of felt more like playing Smash Bros. but not quite in a good way since I know that's some people's jam.

I'll keep plunging into it, I don't remember the original game's being very thrilling from the outset either, but for now I find the team combat to be a little messy, the ability to switch from opponent to opponent wasn't as intuitive as I feel it should be and the controls are a little overly simplistic for my taste in fighting games, not to mention the game is slow which is another element I don't like my fighting games to be. Also the English VA's are not exactly great and I now dread the prospect of FFV and VI getting remakes with voice work.

Articles

Today is release day. Anyone else picked it up? I'm having a merry old time with Ramza!

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I tried the Beta and I am so, so bad. I consistently ranked at 4th place and never knocked any one out. I always got my butt handed to me.

It looks interesting, but the lack of 1 V 1 and there's nothing much to do offline is putting me off personally. The 3 V 3 makes things really messy and confusing.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    It looks interesting, but the lack of 1 V 1 and there's nothing much to do offline is putting me off personally. The 3 V 3 makes things really messy and confusing.
    You can 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 offline. But yeah offline modes are both limited and repetitive in general.

Articles

So I beat the game and the ending is literally just the credits. I say this because I want to give a word of warning to anyone considering whether or not to buy: This is a multiplayer game through and through, with the single player tacked on. You might be into that, you might not.

I now main Bartz online, and my favourite thing to do is wait for anyone else's character to say anything and then respond with Bartz's line "...what the?! A talking turtle?!" because I am an idiot and doing dumb things amuses me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's getting a new stage added soon from FFTactics.