Thread: Mega Man

Default Mega Man

I didn't see anyone else post about this, but it seems fitting since today is the 30th anniversary of the franchise's first entry and it comes on the heels of the reveal of Mega Man 11.

Man, I am old.

Anyway, what's your favorite MM game?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mega Man 2 will always be my all time favorite, but I'm genuinely a bigger fan of the Mega Man X series. Rockman 11 looks pretty good so far, so I'm excited.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Mega Man 2 will always be my favorite. I was slightly late to the party getting a NES for Christmas one morning (I played a ton of games through my cousins and friends before I had my own stuff). One of the three games my folks got me with the NES was Mega Man 2. Still my favorite one after all the time. I love the original series in general, and most of the X series. Other series are pretty good, but I never delved much into other Mega Man spin offs.

My favourite is X4. I never got into the classic Mega Man games (only played Mega Man and Bass) but I will give 11 a shot eventually. I'm definitely hyped for the remastered X collection on PS4.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Mega Man 2 or 3 is probably my favorite original, but I didn't have an NES so I only got to play them at cousins' houses.

I think Megaman x or x4 are my favorites overall.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

We're all old, Fresno.

I'm partial to MM3, 4, and X2 because those were the gamed I owned as a kid. 3 and 4 also introduced the slide and charged M Buster, two staples to the series.

MM11 looks good, seems to keep the old school feel while updating the graphics.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Never really played the series as a kid. 9 would probably be my favorite.

Pull my Devil Trigger!

The X Series was awesome, but I would say probably X4, 5 and 6 where my favorite, I did like Mega Man Legends and the Mega Man X Command Mission RPG game a lot.
    - I'm getting sick of this! Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you! - Sabin (FFVI)

- Shut up! You spoony Bard! - Tella (FFIV)

I don't have the patience to play the original or X series', but they are a lot of fun to watch and I appreciate what they are. I'm genuinely happy that fans are getting a MM11.

Mega Man Legends/64 and Legends 2 I adore, though (especially the first) and I'm still salty about the third being shelved.