Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Good

• Got promoted at work and achieved some really amazing results.
    • Completed my first ever half-marathon.
    • Made some new friends via Disneyland Paris.
    • Rediscovered my love for photography.
    • Saw some family I haven't seen in several years.

Bad

• Came down with Achilles tendonitis.
    • Restructuring at work means a lot of office politics, micromanaging and other BS.
    • Mental health really took a dive toward the end of the year.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

2017 is the year I discovered medical marijuana so aside from all of the obvious world politics bulltrout and a terrible boss it's been all right.

I was laid off going into 2017, so not a great start. I took the opportunity to complete the technical training portion of my trade (construction electrician) found work in the trade in June, and have since got enough hours to become a journeyman. This is better, but I'm not sure this is a company I want to be with long term(a lot of work in nasty unethical hog barns Imo, and high pressure on the job in general) or frankly if this trade is what I want to be doing for another 25-30 years. Almost daily I have moments that make me feel like an idiot which has damaged my self esteem.
    My mother in law has been living in our house all year, which is alright, but I think I'm becoming more and more estranged with my significant other. Not that it's bad yet but it's something I should work on, we have 2 awesome children together.
    I've become more misanthropist than ever, and it's not a nice sentiment to say the song that most represents my current outlook is aenima by tool.
    Otherwise I tend to try to maintain a positive outlook despite the crap I described above, I still know how to laugh, we have 14 acres of land that we'd like to build a home on that I really like and enjoy, hopefully 2018 will bring me some resolution and a better outlook. 😀

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good:
    • My wife & my relationship grew a lot, as a direct result of the "bad" stuff.
    • Bought a house.
    • Lots of cool stuff accomplished with my job, including helping with a re-launch of our product.
    • I'm almost cleared of some long-term health issues that have been hanging over my head.

Bad:
    • Trump.
    • My rental house almost burned down, and my landlord didn't care.
    • Found our dream house after the above, but had to pull out due to it going into foreclosure.
    • Trump.
    • My wife's father passed away the same week we were due to close on the house we bought.
    • The house we bought had *way* more issues than the seller disclosed or the inspector found (the saving grace is that the price was unbeatable, and none of the issues are so damning as to outweigh the mortgage cost).
    • Trump.
    • Being constantly stressed out and broke, due to the above.
    • General feelings of alienation from the world & people I care about due to the complex set of feelings I've experienced resulting from reflecting on all of the above.
    • Trump.

2017 was a terrible year, really.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Well, I'm pretty sure someone put a hex on me! Overall, 2017 was pretty darn awful. Maybe one of the worst.

I really like the apartment I moved to, though -- probably my favorite place yet since leaving Kentucky. Also, Jeremy/Necronopticous has learned to make amazing pies. Also-also, I officially started learning to play the harp after wanting to for years, and I got my own harp for Christmas, which felt pretty amazing.

Also-also-also, I had the privilege of regularly dogsitting my dog's wifey, Fuzzy:

25015179_355631064902808_5038055294576361472_n.jpg
    From left to right: Fuzzy, Tobi (mine)
    In fact, she stayed over last night!

Bonus pic:

21689805_1488043747901442_33985719730962432_n.jpg