Thread: Hardest wee battle in Final Fantasy: Tactics

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Default Hardest wee battle in Final Fantasy: Tactics

this could be any, from story or random encounter.

im kinda biased because its the fight i am stuck on, and also forgive me btu i amusing PSX translations because thats what i played it on
    anyway that fight is against Balk in the necrohol of Mullonde. i read up that right after this is hashmal and finally ultima, however the hydras are too powerful even with TG CID!!! on my team.

other hard fights include, Dorter slums, Some drained lake with ghosts in it, the first mountain where you see summoners, and the fight against gafgarion in the Execution grounds.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Any Random encounter that is just one class/monster. You know the ones. The most common is a battle with nothing but Chocobos, but more rare and more infuriating is the battle with something like eight Monks or the one with eight Samurai. The Monk one is especially annoying since they're all wearing Gaia Gear and so their strategy is to surround you and spam Earth Render which hits you and heal their comrades. It's quite a sight to behold. Also any random encounter that involves Mindflayers.

The hardest story battles that are just plain difficult and not because you're prolonging it for Thievery purposes are Dorter Slums if you haven't done any random battles, battle with Gafgarion at the Execution Grounds where Time Mages are introduced and the game places you in a two against one numbers scenario, any mission that involves protecting a character but special shout out to any mission involving Rafa since she's incredibly suicidal for an A.I. Either battle with Balk; and of course, the duel with Weigraf, which might as well be the unofficial final boss.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

ah yes, that weigraf was tough, since it was a 1v1 then belias all in one fight. and if you didnt get the higher speed for the next fight well, it was back to weigraf again when you did, cos rafa is dumb and gets killed by elmdoor and his 2 assassins, although i really thought it was funny when one of the assassins chucked the fat guy off the castle after he shot rafas brother