Thread: Slow movement?

Default Slow movement?

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I recently downloaded the free trial. The movement of characters I find to be very stilted and buggy. I have a decent connection but I was wondering is this just how the game is? Is it because I only have the free trial? Because honestly I'm not going to keep continuing to play this game if this is how it moves. Thank you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I mean, the pacing of the game might not be for you, but it definitely sounds more like lag or latency issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I mean, the pacing of the game might not be for you, but it definitely sounds more like lag or latency issues.
    I really want to play the game but the movement is so jilted. I move left and there is a half second delay before the character moves. Especially just coming off several months of WoW where I never had a problem. Can you offer any advice to fix this issue? Is it just a problem with the trial version?

I'm max getting only 30 FPS btw

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

What data server are you on? That's definitely a latency issue, and if you're in an EU or JP data center, you're probably going to have a bad time! You said you play WoW regularly, so I'm assuming you have a decent internet connection. You might try lowering the game settings (in the system config tab, there's a place for you to go through different options like Laptop-High and Desktop-Low). You might also try running the benchmark to make sure your specs are up to speed for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

It sounds like you may be having connection issues? The game seems very slow-paced when you start because of the 2 second GCD and easy combat. As the game progresses though (and depending on the job you pick) there are many things to do inbetween the GCD and fights get more hectic.

It sounds like you may just be having a latency issue if you feel your movement is stilted and buggy. Try a wired connection if you aren't on one and also test your latency/ping against the DataCenter/Server you are on to see if there are missing packets. Some people use gaming VPN clients like WTFast that help smooth this over.

The last thing I wanted to mention is the race you play. While it does sound like your problem is technical, all the races have their own feel to movement and animations. Some I can't stand and others I love. Give them all a shot!