Thread: Destiny 2: Pre-Order Goodies and Other Comments

Default Destiny 2: Pre-Order Goodies and Other Comments

First thing I'm going to mention just to get it out of the way: Cold Heart.

I didn't get it right away at the Tower after beating story mode and reaching level 20. I went online and found this was a disturbingly common issue. There were as many as 40 comments online from an army of people who had the same problem. Nobody had a viable solution.

As I discovered in talking to the available NPCs, returning to the various planets and back to the Traveler, you need to complete a few more milestones before the gun becomes available from the Gunsmith. Then again, I didn't immediately talk to Zavala. Talking to the Big Three might have been the only requirement.

Anyway, the core of my comments is that I have enjoyed this game (even if i don't normally play online games), even it's storyline despite the cliche ending. There are things, as with any other game, that served to be pros and cons. I've never liked games which forced me to change my appearance due to the equipment's stats, however, Legendary and Exotic pieces possess the ability to consume stronger equipment. I've found a couple graphical glitches (most notably on Nessus) but nothing tp ruin the experience. My playstyle has mostly been "punch them in the face", but I've been improving my snipe. I love being a warlock, but the classes bring their own flavor to the table. I just wish that not every piece of armor I find was class-specific.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Recently I started getting an itch for a game like Destiny. And I've had a morbid fascination with the "Fall of Bungie" stuff and "I'm done with Destiny" videos being made by fans and watching the scummy things they keep getting caught doing and the otherwise mass exodus of long time Destiny and Bungie fans. But in watching that I see what could have been. If they hadn't fired their writer. The lore and concept and art and worlds are an experience I want to have. But it doesn't look worth the trouble. I think I'll get a complete edition of the first game and see what that was all about. But fortunately in investigating this situation I discovered Warframe. And its surprisingly the game I've been looking for. Which is stupid for a free game...
    Last edited by Vyk; 01-07-2018 at 03:42 AM.

I tried out Warframe too. Not really a huge fan.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.