Thread: Final Fantasy Warriors ?

Default Final Fantasy Warriors ?

If a Final Fantasy Warriors game like a Zelda Warriors or Fire Emblem Warriors game was made, what would your dream cast of characters be ? And why ?

Light Warrior
    Garland
    Firion
    The Emperor
    Onion Knight
    Dark Cloud
    Cecil Harvey
    Golbez
    Bartz Klauser
    Ex-Death
    Terra Branford
    Kefka
    Cloud Strife
    Sephiroth
    Squall Leonhart
    Ultimecia
    Zidane Tribal
    Kuja
    Tidus
    Jecht
    Shantotto
    Vaan
    Lightning/ Claire Farron
    Y' Shtola
    Noctis

----------------

Red Mage- Interesting mix of white magic and white magic that could aid in fights.
    Maria- I would say Minwu, but Maria would be a better character here with her bow and arrows.
    Xande- Don't know who else to put here.
    Rydia Of Mist- It's Rydia.
    Faris Scherwiz- It's Faris. Plus maybe you could use her sea monster pet in battles.
    Edgar Figaro- His machines could make for unique gameplay. Or Setzer instead of Ace from Type 0 would be great.
    Celes Chere- It's Celes.
    Tifa Lockhart- martial arts gameplay.
    Vincent Valentine- Gun + his Jackal & Hyde transformations
    Aerith Gainsborough- Staff Fighter and her healing limit breaks.
    Laguna Loire- Who wouldn't love this passionate fellow in a FF game ??
    Zell Dincht- Either him or Sabin Figaro would be neat for some male martial art.
    Vivi Ornitier- Same answer as Laguna.
    Freya Crescent- She should be in instead of Cain/ Kain Highwind please.
    Auron- It's Auron.
    Wakka- It would be so fun and refreshing to just throw sport balls at people.
    Yuna- Summons + Healing gameplay.
    The Shadow Lord- Some FF XI rep in there.
    Gabranth- It's Gabranth.
    Sazh Katzroy- One of the coolest FFXIII characters and he deserves more.
    Caius Ballad- Good modern FF Villian.
    Gaius Van Baelsar- I've never played FF XIV. Gaius just looks cool.
    Ignis Scientia- I love his character and his fighting style in the newest episode.
    Prompto Argentum- It's Prompto.
    Ardyn Izunia- New Gen Kefka. Should be in.

Honourable Mentions : Princess Garnet. Most likely won't ever get in due to Yuna and Aerith. Serah Farron. Fran. Galuf. Edward FFIV. Won't ever get in due to being a very unpopular character, but would have a interesting harp style of fighting. And I like him. * insert meme pic of Carrie Fisher doing the bird flip here *

What's your list ?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'd have to think about it, but I will say this is a smurfing awesome idea that I would play the everloving hell out of.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Unfortunately, I doubt we'd ever see a legit Final Fantasy Warriors game, due to them being competing companies, but I wouldn't put the idea of SE making a similar IP for themselves. In any case, based on the games I've played, and who I want (versus who I think would actually make it in):

Rydia: Powerful Summoner and Black Mage. One of the most iconic characters in the series. Also has a GREAT outfit, and is one of the very few characters who uses a whip in the series; she'd definitely be in place for some amazing character animations. Special attack would be summoning the Mist Dragon. Ice.
    Red XIII: Love the dude, top favorite from the game. Gotta have one non-humanoid character, and like Rydia, he'd be set up for some awesome character animations. Especially any special attacks he'd use--potentially one that's similar to Meteor, but instead is calling down the moon. Fire.
    Quina: Such a weird dude. Not a favorite, but definitely unique. Special attack would be its tongue wrapping around a small perimeter of enemies, then using that group's attack on a larger radius of enemies. Water/Earth.
    Rikku (FFX): One of my favorite characters in the entire series. Would be our nice punchy girl, her special attack wouldn't be Mix, but pulling a large gun (reminiscent of the canon boss at Lake Makalania) and shooting in a line AoE in front of her. Lightning.
    Fran: Fan-service. Earth.
    Aymeric: You know I have to shout out to my boy. Your basic all-arounder. Holy/Light.

Bonus characters/special unlockables:
    Beatrix: Just absolutely broken Shock attack. Holy/Light.
    Kuja: Primarily magic user, special attack is Trance Kuja with a circular AoE. Dark.

I'm sure I could come up with more, and this was actually incredibly fun to imagine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Unfortunately, I doubt we'd ever see a legit Final Fantasy Warriors game, due to them being competing companies, but I wouldn't put the idea of SE making a similar IP for themselves.
    idk man, Dragon Quest Warriors exists (two of them, actually!) and is super fun.

I don't see why SE wouldn't want to do the thing with FF too. Although, I guess DQ has a nicer common aesthetic for it...

Yeah, I don't see it as being different than DQ Heroes. However, you could argue that it "competes" with Dissidia. The likely cast you'd end up with is something very similar to Dissidia.

For me, writing a full list would be pointless because it'd never happen - my favorites are always unpopular compared to the big names. I want the Quinas and Umaros and Cait Siths of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Yeah, I don't see it as being different than DQ Heroes. However, you could argue that it "competes" with Dissidia. The likely cast you'd end up with is something very similar to Dissidia.
    Hm. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    For me, writing a full list would be pointless because it'd never happen - my favorites are always unpopular compared to the big names. I want the Quinas and Umaros and Cait Siths of the world.
    Quina would be amazing in a potential Heroes game or Dissidia NT. Cait Sith would be fun and interesting too ! But Quina would be awesome af.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I want to go berserk with a blitzball so Tidus/Wakka/Jecht. I have no idea why that's a specific urge of mine all of a sudden, but I just think it would be a fun weapon.