Thread: That EoFF VR Gaming Thread

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default That EoFF VR Gaming Thread

Some say that VR gaming is the next big thing. Others are more sceptical. I guess it's one on those "you have to see it to believe it" kind of things, and as someone who picked up a PSVR before Christmas I'm excited to see how games move forward.

Has anyone else picked up a gaming VR headset yet?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Some say that VR gaming is the next big thing. Others are more sceptical. I guess it's one on those "you have to see it to believe it" kind of things, and as someone who picked up a PSVR before Christmas I'm excited to see how games move forward.

Has anyone else picked up a gaming VR headset yet?
    The two main things I've seen that make VR interesting are Alien: Isolation and Resident Evil 7. Other than those, eh?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I really, really want one. I want to go real-time sh*tpost in VR Chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have psvr and enjoy it a little. It’s still not quite where I’d like vr to be though. The image is still not as clear as I’d like to be more fully immersive, and I don’t really like teleporting around instead of regular walking and such which I feel like a lot of games do on there. I’ve never tried the Vive or oculus, so I don’t know if either of those are as immersive as I’d like vr to be.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I would like one, but I can also think of better uses to spend hundreds of dollars over a couple of decent titles. Don't get me wrong, I feel like VR is progressing, but I'll be more willing to go at it first hand when I don't have to empty my wallet and there are more solid gaming content for it other than mostly tech demos and simple shooters. That one VRChat thing is funny as I have seen a few streamers have hilarious moments with it, but all the blatant copyright violations are going to cause several big dick swinging companies to absolutely eviscerate that kind of content from the game. Because if I see a DBZ character talk to Knuckles or something that makes me never want to buy things again, I guess.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    The two main things I've seen that make VR interesting are Alien: Isolation and Resident Evil 7. Other than those, eh?
    I haven't actually tried out my copy of RE7 with the headset yet. I really should get around to it at some point. The only thing is, I've completed the game already (except the DLC) so I know what's to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I really, really want one. I want to go real-time sh*tpost in VR Chat.
    I've heard of VR Chat but I've not actually looked in to seeing what it's all about! I know it's not on PSVR anyway so I couldn't get it even if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I have psvr and enjoy it a little. It’s still not quite where I’d like vr to be though. The image is still not as clear as I’d like to be more fully immersive, and I don’t really like teleporting around instead of regular walking and such which I feel like a lot of games do on there. I’ve never tried the Vive or oculus, so I don’t know if either of those are as immersive as I’d like vr to be.
    What games do you have? Also I know what you mean about the quality. It's definitely not picture perfect, far from it, but the sense of scale and the feeling you get from VR is what makes it. Do you have a standard PS4 or a Pro? I have a standard, but the Pro is supposed to enhance the VR image. By how much, I'm not sure. As for the Oculus and Vive, I've not tried them either. Apparently the VR images are a lot crisper, but that's to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I would like one, but I can also think of better uses to spend hundreds of dollars over a couple of decent titles
    I felt that way when it launched. £350 for the headset + £50 for the camera + £70 for Move Controllers = £470. Too expensive. But when the headset, camera, PS Worlds + GT Sport were bundled together for £250 this Black Friday I took the bait.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It’s been a while since I’ve messed with the psvr honestly as I don’t really have a good set up for it now. I have only tried it on the regular PS4, but I have a pro that I’d like to try it on if I can ever get myself to hook up all of the cables. I remember that I have the Batman Vr game that I played a little. I also have psvr worlds I think it was called? I think I also have more thanks to ps+, but I haven’t messed with them yet.

I regret getting the psvr in the end just because I don’t really have a good set up for it and don’t really want to unplug everything and move my PS4 every time I want to do vr, and I don’t want to buy a new PS4 just to do vr on.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I would like one, but I can also think of better uses to spend hundreds of dollars over a couple of decent titles
    I felt that way when it launched. £350 for the headset + £50 for the camera + £70 for Move Controllers = £470. Too expensive. But when the headset, camera, PS Worlds + GT Sport were bundled together for £250 this Black Friday I took the bait.
    Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I know there have been some good bundles and sales out there. I meant more along the lines where a consumer won't have to wait until some killer sale to get the equipment at a good price.

Blog Entries

I have a PSVR and I love it. Dirt Rally VR and Skyrim VR are incred, though the controls for the latter are really, really fiddly. Rec Room is actually the first time I've felt like I'm genuinely having fun playing a game in a very long while.

I think developers are still trying to feel out what does and doesn't work with the format, as it's such a huge shift in concept. Reminds me of the early days of 3D on the old PS1 in some ways. There's a lot of glorified tech demos out there getting sold at full game prices.

there was a picture here

Articles

FFXIV Character

Haven't booted up my PSVR since picking up my Move controllers last week. Now that I've picked up Horizon Zero Dawn it will probably be even longer until I try them out! Although I do want to give them a go this weekend. I'm with Scotty in that I don't have the best set up for it. I need a games room! I just keep it plugged in to the PS4. I should unplug it really because the breakout box powers on and you can't turn it off while the PS4 is on.