Thread: The World Ends With You: Final Remix announced for Switch.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The World Ends With You: Final Remix announced for Switch.

Fans have been clamoring for sequel to this cult favorite DS game, and we're still mostly getting ports but at least SE is keeping the dream alive. So the Nintendo Direct recently showed off this game and it's getting a bit of an "Atlus treatment" with a new scenario being added to wet your whistle a little.

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

It's a pulse, the franchise lives! I'm not too crazy about the singlescreen combat for this classic (and the pins that were activated through sound or such?), but it's still great news! Since X|X-2 and XII Zodiac Age remasters, I'm pretty confident of Square making an effort with their ports, so I hope this'll have some sort of new controller features for the partner combat rather than make them a glorified pin for solo play. Either way, new TWEWY content is good content.

Of course it was gonna be on the Switch, because Nin knows what they're doing with this thing. My wallet is going to suffer when they announce the actual sequel, maybe even within the year.
    For better or worse, to be a fan of Final Fantasy is to witness history in the making.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, this is probably gonna be the Solo Mix version again. Not that I’m complaining since that version had better music variety!

Wait no, that can’t be right since that was optimized for a touchscreen, and I don’t think the Switch has that!

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Yeah, this is probably gonna be the Solo Mix version again. Not that I’m complaining since that version had better music variety!

Wait no, that can’t be right since that was optimized for a touchscreen, and I don’t think the Switch has that!
    The Switch does have touchscreen controls in handheld mode, and they were confirmed to work with the game.

Personally, I’m more looking forward to trying the controllers, because I was not a fan of the game’s touch controls.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post

handheld mode has touch screen (i.e. switch's handheld screen is touch screen); I think they're using motion controls for TV play?

Funny how the two games I refuse to emulate, and have thus far been too lazy to buy for the original DS are both getting renovations, and I'm not sure if that even helps my situation. I don't really like what they've done to Radiant Historia, and I'm not committed to getting a Switch yet. So I may still just end up buying the DS version of this eventually. But it's good that it's not as forgotten as it seemed

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's great this game is being exposed to those who may not have played it because it is a great game. Usually I would hope this leads to a sequel, but TWEWY was so perfect that I don't think it needs one. Perhaps this will inspire a spiritual sequel that uses similar mechanics and storytelling.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I’d really like a spiritual sequel to this game. I probably will get the switch version despite liking the gameplay of the ds version.

I'm keen. I never finished the original but I was really impressed by how fun and innovative it was.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Honestly, I never played the original. I might pick this one up depending on how reviews for it go.