Thread: Royal Edition! And trailer

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

Default Royal Edition! And trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPHypsuXNKs

Thing is like $50. FFXV to Royal Edition upgrade is like $20.
    Keypoints include..

• Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
    • A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
    • A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” - players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
    • A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective. More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
    • All season pass content; Episode Gladio, Promto, Ignis, and Multiplayer Comrades.
    • Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world. Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
    • New Trophies
    • The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
    For better or worse, to be a fan of Final Fantasy is to witness history in the making.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It's sort of the equivalent of a "Game of the Year" edition, except they'll still be making DLC after its release.

I'm glad to get full access to the boat, since during the main game you just get the one trip on it. I'm also excited for the expanded map. The Insomnia Ruins was one of my favorite locations. I love exploring decrepit places, and it also gives us a chance to do more exploring after the (SPOILER)time jump. As awesome as it was to run around as adult bearded Noctis, there wasn't a lot of places you could go at that point.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I figured there was going to be a GotY Edition sooner or later. Looks interesting, though I'll likely stay on the sidelines until all of the DLC is out and pick up that version.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Oh cool, FFXV is out of early access...

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm intrigued, but having bought the game and the season pass (I'm blindly loyal to SE) I'm loath to spend even more money to upgrade it.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I'm intrigued, but having bought the game and the season pass (I'm blindly loyal to SE) I'm loath to spend even more money to upgrade it.
    Pretty much where I'm at with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

And here I am, happy that I haven’t gotten the chance to play the game yet and that once I fi, it’ll be cooler. Sucks for those who got it early tho!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just hate for the same price as the season pass, you now get all the season pass dlc plus the extra stuff since it costs $20 to upgrade your base copy of the game. Makes me think these couple of extras outside of the episodes. I feel like this stuff should have come with the season pass or at a discount for season pass holders.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Pretty much where I'm at with it.
    I didn't buy the season pass, but I bought FFXV at launch and each of the episodes separately when they were made available. Will I be buying the Royal Edition? No. I'm done. FFXV can go and royally screw itself!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Yeah, no. Not going to support this kind of thing. Is the game even fully complete yet ? All this just seems so messy and greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    And here I am, happy that I haven’t gotten the chance to play the game yet and that once I fi, it’ll be cooler. Sucks for those who got it early tho!
    And this is pretty much where I'm at. I had the collector's edition reserved, but never went through with it, because I found out the game wasn't even complete and I eventually cancelled my reservation and moved that money to other projects like Horizon: Zero Dawn, which was complete

This sorta sounds like what happened with the Destiny games. The reboot in the middle of each games' development, then releasing incomplete, and using DLC and patches to flesh out what should have been a done deal, and then re-packaging it and selling DLC outside of a season pass (why does a season pass even exist for games where it doesn't cover all DLC?) ... [and that's also why I skipped out on Destiny, lost potential. At least FFXV has story and character]

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

So I got the game for $20 and then the season pass when it went on sale and now this? Unbelievable. I really like the game, but I don't $80 love the game.