Thread: Romancing Saga 2 is on steam for $24.99...

Blog Entries

Default Romancing Saga 2 is on steam for $24.99...

Here's a link to the Romancing Saga 2 store page
    My question is: Is it worth getting?

I know it's available on android for much cheaper, but I don't think I wanna play it on such a small screen. I would get it on my Kindle, but it's not available as a Kindle game. So, my only option is the Steam version.

I really am eager to play Romancing Saga 2, since it's the only one of the series that I have NOT been able to play (the "translated" rom is.... virtually unplayable, with the dialogue being a gibberish mess after a certain point) and I remember being all excited about it coming out--- but save for Terra Battle, I'm not really interested in playing games on my mobile device. The only thing keeping me at bay though is the mixed reviews on the Steam page.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been meaning to check it out myself, but I'm currently broke. The games looks really interesting, and I want to be supportive of porting older Japan only entries for consoles and PC, so I want this and the Mana remakes to do well.

If it puts your mind at ease at all, I just noticed that on PSN it's 24.99 for both console and handheld. So you're not spending any more money than console owners. Not sure why the mobile version is cheaper, but $25 seems to be the standard. And if you consider that if you had gotten the game back in the day, $25 would probably be a steal. So I guess it mostly depends on how much you want it, and what method you want to play it

There are a handful of darn good indie games that are $20 and $25 as well, and an old classic is generally on par with a really good new indie. So don't let you convince yourself that you're an idiot for wanting it at that price. It seems perfectly okay to me if you put it all in perspective

Blog Entries

@Vyk well that all makes me feel a little better It will probably be on the backburner for now while I play through Legrand Legacy, but I figure I might as well buy Romancing Saga 2