Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So when was the last time you were excited by Final Fantasy?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Heavensward for FFXIV. Before that, FFXII. I wasn't all that excited for FFXIII because I remember feeling the gameplay and style was very different from classic FF games.

Str8 Pimpin'

Ff7 remake most definitely. It's one of those things you can smell a mile away but it just never comes and then wham!
    Too bad in predictable squarenix fashion, all I get is further discouraged by the information released of it.
    Last edited by botnslave; 01-24-2018 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Auto correct

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzy View Post
    The last time I was excited by Final Fantasy was ages ago, 17 years to be exact.

I had been head over heels with FFIX, and I couldn't wait for X. I was a little disappointed with it though, it wasn't as good as I expected.

From that, it has been going downhill, too bad.
    Oh how could I forget the "world of final fantasy"??? I had been excited by it, and it didn't fail me
    "I'm a general, not some opera floozy!"

When the online games were announced, I had no emotion. Usually, for the solo adventures, I very much look forward to experiencing the story firsthand. Although as has happened with Final Fantasy XII and XV, I tend to get overly distracted by sidequests and collection (I haven't completed either of them).
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

When I was going to see Distant Worlds in London.

Oh, you mean video games? Eh. FF has never kicked up much of a fuss in me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Same, really. And it’s not really because the later games have ruined the series for me or anything. It’s just that it feels like part of me has moved on and grown out of FF, so I’m excited for other things

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Way back when Final Fantasy X was released. I was so stoked. It was also the first one I bought myself.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To answer my own question: FFXII. An FF title being worked on by one of my favorite gaming directors set in one of the coolest settings from last gen? Yeah, I was hooked.

FF VII remake announcement a few years ago.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

The last time i was excited was probably FF3 since i never played it before and it was in the olden day category so it coudl be good. but actually thats not true. im excited for every patch and expansion of XIV. hell i might say XIV is the reason i dont like XV that much because i cant get a chance to sit down and try it for long before im goign back to XIV

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

The release of FFXII The Zodiac Age.

I used to get ridiculously excited about FFXIV stuff, but Stormblood never really hooked me in the run-up to it (although tbh I never really had much of a thing for Far East, Samurai's etc, so it was always going to be hard for such a storyline to maintain my interest) and none of the patch trailers so far have given me the "omg must login now" feel I used to get. The game is feeling incredibly stale to me now, just seems like they're going through the motions and iterating on the same stuff, or repackaging the same features under a different name, or just flat out lifting stuff out of competitors and making it far more convoluted. Which is fine, I guess, but it's now... what... 5 years of doing the same formula over and over... I kinda wish they'd push the boat out a bit.

Couldn't care less about Dissidia.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I get excited for every numbered entry. Nothing that comes close to the build up for FFVIII though. After the previous game and the FMV footage of the ballroom dance I was convinced it was going to be the greatest game of all time.

We all know it wasn't but I still love FFVIII. It was just never going to live up to it's predecessor.