Thread: Legrand Legacy | An Indonesian Indie JRPG that needs Love

Blog Entries

Default Legrand Legacy | An Indonesian Indie JRPG that needs Love

3f3ecb855e511e825116695956e2f36a_original.jpg
    Get it on Steam now!

So, I have to confess; I am a Kickstarter Backer for this project. I learned about LL way back in 2016 when they were taking a second shot at Kickstarting it, and I was on board so fast I think I gave myself Backer Whiplash. But from just one look at it, you can probably understand why.

Think Golden-Age JRPGs from the PSX-PS2 era. 3D models on Pre-rendered (or hand-drawn) still backgrounds, a direct and intuitive battle system with a command disc mechanic reminiscent (if not a simplified version) of Legend of Dragoon or Shadow Hearts, Suikoden-like character recruitment for war, and CGI cutscenes to accentuate big or introductory scenes. It's not afraid of following old tropes, and it pulls them off really well.

Not to mention Emi Evans contributed to the already-awesome-enough OST:

So far I'm loving this game and I really want it to get more coverage and positive attention. Especially after seeing first-hand how anxious the devs were leading up to the release (I think they still are anxious actually). Promoting it is the least I can do to help support the dev team.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I love the design, but I'm not 100 on the gameplay. Is there a demo?

Blog Entries

Indeed there is. You can find it on its Steam page, which I linked. Right below the "Is this game relevant to you?" box.

Reminds me of a failed project that looked to perfectly capture the heart of FF7's look and style. I forget that ones name. But this looks great. I'll grab the demo soon and probably buy it for PC and then wait for a console release to actually play it

Blog Entries

So I beat Legrand Legacy...

and I was actually bawling through the credits, so
    that says something.