Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XVI: What You Want

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default Final Fantasy XVI: What You Want

If you were to be asked by SE to jot down some details about what FFXVI should be like, what would you tell them? Assume you literally get full control but have to sum it up in just one post. You can go into as little or as much detail as you like... go crazy.

See my other thread in this forum for what you think we'll actually get. =]
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

A nice balance between open-ended character progression and one that's more defined. Maybe a limited job system or something.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Moving away from Techno Fantasy and back to Classic fantasy.

The last several games have been more Modern techno fantasy games. I'd like to go back to the more traditional fantasy roots for an entry.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You're a Final Fantasy game. Remember why the series got popular and don't be ashamed of that. Tell whoever decided "Hmm, the American kids these days don't want JRPGs anymore!" to smurf off. Oh, and Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Keep it JPRG-ish like and stay away from trying it make it a WRPG. If I wanted to play Dark Souls or Skyrim- I would play those games.

edit : battle system like Persona 5 or Final Fantasy X

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Moving away from Techno Fantasy and back to Classic fantasy.

The last several games have been more Modern techno fantasy games. I'd like to go back to the more traditional fantasy roots for an entry.
    Exactly this. I enjoy the modern fantasy settings, but it's all we've had since 2001. I'd like a medieval style game again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Women

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Women

Admittedly, I like more modern-looking styles, but I thought XII struck a good balance between Post-Modern Hyperfashion and classic fantasy. I like my main characters decked out in ensembles that I don't have to stifle a laugh over (i.e. Firion, Bartz, and Terra). Although I couldn't help a beleaguered sigh at Vaan's outfit. More elf, goblin, and troll-esque tribes and have humans as just one third the main cast.

Fewer playable characters. Guest characters should have more substance. AI-'s should take an interest in the environment, scope points of interest and enemy weaknesses and such.

Okay, I'm heading into out there territory. Time to end the rant.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not really sure to be honest. Maybe a plot that I care about? Though that's likely not going to happen anytime soon. With that said, I feel this is the area they need to improve on the most if they hope to keep their fanbase.

I would probably jump in with the bandwagon on going for something a bit more "fantasy" or at least medieval; and finally move away from the more modern world and star wars type stuff we've gotten for the last decade and a half. Also no time travel. Something about the words Final Fantasy and Time Travel never mesh well for me and all of their time travel plotlines are garbage, so let's just stick to one setting please.

After playing XII:TZA recently, I would love to see Ito take another crack at the ATB system for the game, since he mentioned once upon time ago that he had some more ideas for it. It doesn't necessarily have to be XII's system but I would love a system where more thought needs to be put into customization and strategy.

I would like some actual level design for once. I'm kind of bored of Squenix's love affair of roads and sandboxes.

Yasunori Mitsuda for music, cause he's a fantastic composer who doesn't get as much attention as he deserves.

If none of this works for the company, then I would suggest just putting the setting ~IN SPACE!, cause nothing says an IP has jumped the shark like placing the entire idea in space. Then they can stick to remakes and mobile titles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Also no time travel. Something about the words Final Fantasy and Time Travel never mesh well for me and all of their time travel plotlines are garbage, so let's just stick to one setting please.
    A thousand times this. I hate it when time travel gets thrown into Final Fantasy.

EDIT: For music, I'd prefer Hitoshi Sakimoto. I don't understand why they restrict him to Ivalice. His music is amazing. Having said that, I've enjoyed the music in FFXIII and to some extent XV, so I'm not against them sticking with those composers either.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Which FFs had time travel? XIII-2 aside, the best I can come up with is Tidus, but that was more for a brand-new-world set up mechanic rather than the usual time travel/changing history tropes. Are we referring to Time Kompression? I'm honestly stumped.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Final Fantasy 1? Ultimecia was from the future or something too

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Final Fantasy 1?
    Ohhhh yeah! Although that kind of ruins WK's point about FF and time travel not belong together given that the og did it.