Thread: HMM ! That Gameplay !

Default HMM ! That Gameplay !

Oh FFX ! I love this game's battle system, summoning system and sphere grid but the rest ? Eh. If it wasn't for that I would WAKKA away from this game.

It's not the story is TI-D-US or anything, it's just really cheesy. Though it's always fun to come back and SEYMOUR of the cute relationship between Tidus and Yuna.

Is there a FF that you just love for the gameplay/ battle system and not really for the story or characters ?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Surely YU NAt being serious. I ob-JECHT to this thread. It is a SIN.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess X-2? While I enjoy the campiness of it all, what really keeps me coming back is the job system and the nice, quick ATB

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I second X-2. The gameplay was fantastic, but the story had me playing alone in secret.

Quote Originally Posted by CimminyCricket View Post
    I second X-2. The gameplay was fantastic, but the story had me playing alone in secret.

Yeah same here. Played with the doors closed and vol down and put on the radio lol

FF3 probably. To a certain extent FF5.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oddly enough, FFII. My other choice is FFTA2. Didn't like the cast or plot, and is probably the only entry in the franchise where I actively ignore using the story characters over the generics.

I've never really saw the appeal of X-2's battle system honestly.

Ten's a good choice for me as well. I couldn't pick 8 or 9, because I don't think they had battle systems that were all that great, not bad. But not really any better than FF7. Just different. And less "my style". Farming for spells, and random trance was kind of annoying. Ten did have an enjoyable battle system. I'll give credit where credit is due. The story is worse than the previous titles. As well as the characters. But being able to swap characters on the fly, and it not completely breaking the game, it feels so natural, and feels like it should have been that way the entire time. Good stuff. But I can't play a game just for the battle system. So I'll still pass. Good combat though

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Yeah, X did have a good one too. Being able to see turns let you build up a better strategy too, which was nice.

I think I would have to pick VI, the crew's backstory, the world and how it's laid out in both WoB and WoR. Also it was my first, it's popped my RPG cherry when I was 7 or 8 and I never looked back and became a "whore" to the franchise.
    - I'm getting sick of this! Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you! - Sabin (FFVI)

- Shut up! You spoony Bard! - Tella (FFIV)