So FF4: TAY is apparently regarded by many to be one of the worst games in the franchise.

I can see where they're coming from, what with its plot mostly being the original game cut up and reassembled in a random order with the characters even admitting that's going on, and the gameplay being a straight copy of vanilla FF4 (not even borrowing any mechanics from the 3D remake, even in its OWN 3D remake) plus a few Chrono Trigger-style combo attacks that weren't all that important, the game doesn't really seem to have much going for it when you break it down that way.

I'm certainly not among its defenders, but because Kain and Edward were my favourite characters in the original, I really enjoyed the development they got in this game, especially since they along with Golbez were the only characters who did seem to get any development here, so I have a bit of a biased soft spot for it all the same.

(SPOILER)Also, if the stuff going on with the throwback bosses is anything to go by, it seems implied that FF4 takes place well after the rest of 1 through 6, this very thing happened on their own respective worlds... and they all lost!

Anyone else find any enjoyment out of this one?